The African Agricultural Technology Foundation (AATF) Job Recruitment – This is to announce the current ob recruitment opportunity for all qualified persons who fit the description below. Interested persons may kindly read through and apply
African Agricultural Technology Foundation (AATF) is an international not-for-profit organization that facilitates, and promotes public/private partnerships to access, develop, adapt and deliver appropriate agricultural technologies for sustainable use by smallholder farmers in Sub-Saharan Africa. AATF works with African governments, private and public technology owners and developers, NGOs, seed companies and African farmers to identify and access technologies that will address farmers’ key problems and enhance their productivity. AATF is a registered charity under the laws of England and Wales and has host country status with the Government of Kenya. The Foundation depends on the ongoing support and collaboration of different partners and investors to meet its objectives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance and Admin Assistant – PBR Cowpea
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Recruitment: International recruitment
Reports to: Director Programme and Commercialization (PDC)
- The incumbent will provide support to the finance and administrative unit in Abuja.
- Ensuring day to day financial management functions and general office operations and procedures.
- The Finance and Admin Assistant will work under the guidance and supervision of the Finance and Admin Support Officer.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the finance and Admin Support Officer in procurement whilst adhering to donor guidelines and AATF procurement manual.
- Support in allocation of staff personal account transactions and preparation of reconciliations.
- Daily petty cash management and replenishment. Support the necessary systems and procedures to safeguard the Foundation’s fixed assets including the maintenance of complete accurate and up to date fixed assets register.
- Assist in ensuring routine servicing of equipment as and when due and keeping maintenance log
- Ensure the proper use of the motor vehicle logbooks and do routine analysis of motor vehicle fuel and repair costs
- Perform errands to the banks and submission of documentations for monthly tax and statutory returns.
- Perform other functions of the area as may be required from time to time
- Provide logistical support to the office and the projects through coordination of hotel, air ticketing, ground ravel, participants’ payment and other related meeting and travel services
- Assist in the preparation and/or review of staff travel advance (TA) forms
- Coordinate the replentishment of office supplies and provision of office servics and operations e.g. management of cleaners, oversighting motor vehicle and generator supplies.
- Undertake annual asset verification.
- Maintain up to date and organized filing system of supporting documentation for accounting records Provide filing support such as filing payment voucher and supporting documents in accounting files
- Coding and entering of receipts in SUN
- Support filing and monthly scanning of financial documents
- Assist in providing and coordinating programmatic information for the AATF projects.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Commerce, Accounting, Business Administration or other related subjects
- Minmum of ACA, ACCA 1 (Professional stages or near to completion) or equivalent qualificationswould be an added advantage
- Three (3) years’ experience in finance;
- Proficiency in use of MS Office Suites preferably MS Excel and MS Word.
- Knowledge of and ablity to work with different financil controls, systems and regulaitons including taxation requirements, financial reporting requirements etc.
- Ability to communicate and interact well with peoo;e of different educational, linguistic, cltural and socio-economc backgronds
- Knowledge of grant acconting and experience in donour funding requirements.
- Knowledge of accountiing pacages such as SUN stem, SAGE, Pastewl, QuickBooks, etc;
- Thorough understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards and various regional statutory requirements and their application
Key Skills & Competencies:
- Knowldge of and ability to work with different financial controls, systems and regulations including taxation requirements, financial reporting requirements etc;
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary environment
- Good analytical skills
- Ability to maintain high standards of ntegirty; establish straightforward, productive relatonships treating individuals with fiarness and respect.
- Strong financial management and accounting skills and business acumen
- Ability to work with different schedules and to meet stringent deadlines
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Finance and Admin Assistant” as the subject of the mail.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- AATF is an equal opportunity employer; committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious and ethnic backgrounds and any other diversity groups to apply and become a part of our organization
Application Deadline 30th May, 2022.