The African Agricultural Technology Foundation (AATF) Job Recruitment – We wish to inform everyone about the current job recruitment for qualified persons. Interested persons may kindly apply below
AATF is an international not-for-profit organisation that facilitates and promotes pubic private partnerships to enhance food security and livelihoods of smallholder farmers in SSA. AATF works with African governments, private and public technology owners and developers, NGOs, seed companies and African small holder farmers to identify and access technologies that address farmers key problems and empower them through availability of a choice of agricultural innovations that generate wealth and health for their families and communities. AATF is a registered charity under the laws of England and Wales and has host country status with the Governments of Kenya and Nigeria. The Foundation depends on the ongoing support and collaboration of different partners and investors to meet its objectives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administration Assistant
Supervisor: Project Manager – Cowpea
- The incumbent will provide administration services ensuring high quality, accuracy and consistency of work and events which include exhibitions, conferences, luncheons, promotions, special fundraising events, workshops, large projects meetings and other meetings that may be organized from time to time.
- The Admin Assistant will work in collaboration with the Project Manager and Finance and Administration Officer
Functions / Key Results Expected
Ensures Front desk coordination, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Management of the reception area
- Managing and directing of all visitors
- Ensuring completion of paperwork, sign-in and security procedures
- Placing, receiving, touting, and answering outgoing / incoming calls, relays messages and announcing visitors.
Assist and Ensure implementation of operational strategies & General Office Management focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of administrative activities within the AATF rules, regulations, policies, and strategies.
- Support filing of government returns
- Upload Travel Authorization and Travel Expense Claim on EDOC for approvals
- Assist and Supervise Cleaning company’s staff to ensure general office cleanliness and tidiness
- Assist in the space management and organization of offices
- Maintain up to date administration records
- Assist staff in booking appointments
- Provide support in protocol duties
- Provide front office services and ensure that al visitors to AATF are well received
- Daily petty cash management and replenishments.
Ensures Management of Transport Services and provision of logistical services, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Working with the travel agent for staff ticketing and airport transfers
- Supervision of AATF driver and ensure proper use of motor vehicle logbooks and do routine analysis of motor vehicle fuel and repair cost
- Liaison with staff on their transport requirements and ensuring the smooth running of transport services for all staff, visitors and the AATF Bo ard of Trustees.
- Collation of transport requests, preparation of duty rosters and delegation duties to the AATF driver
- Ensuring that all AATF vehicles are well maintained and that their documentations is in order
- Liaison and maintaining relations with the lITA for police escort services.
- Assisting in the arrangement of meetings and acts as Secretary for all AFD meetings
- Managing mail and courier services
- Planning for the weekly morning coffee and other staff functions
Manage supplies and assets management, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Coordination of assets management of the Foundation including their movement, timely preparation and submission of periodic inventory reports, coordination of physical verification of inventory items in the office and for projects in consultation with project managers and finance staff
- Ensuring office equipment is appropriately utilized and well maintained
- Where necessary recommendation of the purchase of required office assets.
- Proper inventory control; supervision of proper issuance of inventory items and supplies
Events organization: Co-ordinates events focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Secures and books suitable venues or locations for all office functions/meetings
- Prepares purchase orders for the travel service
- Manages travel for the office and supervises the contracted travel agent to provide high quality professional service and at the most competitive price
- Provides information and advice to the staff on travel including entitlements, travel routings and hotel arrangements
- Produces reports of events held regarding administrative and logistic issues- this will support evaluation of the event and lessons learned.
- Plans room layouts and the programme, schedules workshops and demonstrations
- Provides secretariat services and ensures delegate packs and papers are availed in good time
- Manages logistics, handles client queries and co-coordinates event activities to ensure smooth runs.
- Arranges travel, accommodation, and local transportation for event participants;
- A Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Procurement, Communication, Marketing, or any other related field
- Three (3) years relevant experience in office administration
- Experience in procurement
- Experience in supporting filing of government returns
- Experience in working with a not for profit
- Experience with government institutions
- Experience in processing visas and work permits.
- Experience in organizing events.
- Experience in managing staff and visitor’s travel
- Experience in logistics
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- A working knowledge of a second language – French / Portuguese would be an added advantage.
- Considerable knowledge of office procedures and secretarial practices, including organization, planning, records management, and general administrative skills;
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills with an attention to detail, including strong report writing, proofreading and editing skills;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with keen attention to detail, along with data gathering techniques, such as library research or files analysis as well as evaluate and interpret different types of data and information,
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of privileged information and to ensure absolute discretion and sensitivity to confidential matters;
- Ability to produce consistently high quality work in an intensely pressurised office environment, and
- Ability to maintain high standards of integrity, establish straightforward, productive relationships; treating individuals with fairness and respect, demonstrating sensitivity for ethnic, cultural and gender differences.
- Ability to maintain excellent public relations through courteous responses to inquiries and provide information within scope of responsibility
- High level proficiency in information technology including ability to operate and troubleshoot peripheral office hardware equipment
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Administration Assistant” as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 22nd June, 2022.