African Research Network for Neglected Tropical Diseases (ARNTD) African Researchers’ Small Grants Program 2022 – This is a call or application for the ARNTD SGP for African Researchers
The African Research Network for Neglected Tropical Diseases (ARNTD) with support from the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (Gates Foundation), through the Coalition for Operational Research on Neglected Tropical Diseases (COR-NTD), is seeking proposals for both operational and implementation research on ‘’Emerging Challenges facing Neglected Tropical Disease (NTD) program implementation in Africa.’’ This sixth edition of the Small Grants Program (SGP VI) is to support African researchers in both early and mid/late career to undertake operational or implementation research aligned with the goals established in the London Declaration on Neglected Tropical Diseases. SGP VI is comprised of two small grant funding tracks:
- Small grants for junior researchers
- Small grants for mid-career and/or senior researchers.
Must be currently employed by or enrolled as a student in an academic, health, or research institution in Africa for the duration of the grantMust demonstrate having a commitment to NTD-related research as well as the skills and experience required to carry out the proposed workMust be able to provide evidence of research output, including publications and/or presentations at scientific conferencesApplications are accepted from all African countries. We particularly encourage applications from the following countries that have not yet had an applicant: Algeria, Cabo Verde, Comoros, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eswatini, Guinea, Lesotho, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Niger, Sao Tome and Principe, Seychelles, and Tunisia.We especially encourage female researchers to apply.
- This call for proposals is targeted at outstanding researchers – especially beginning researchers – and academics based in research institutions or universities in Africa.
- Applicants will have to demonstrate that the proposed research or activity is aligned with country/program interests and has potential institutional/individual capacity-building impact.
- The small grants targeted at junior and senior researchers at the Masters or PhD level will provide grants ranging from USD 10,000 – 30,000.
- Applications are accepted in English, French, and Portuguese.
- However, shortlisted applicants will be required to submit full proposals and additional documentation in English in order to be eligible for the award.
The program duration of this edition is 10 months. Applicants must therefore provide clear evidence by stating specific variables which will ensure the completion of the projects within the 10 months’ timeline of the program. Applications must focus on the five preventive-chemotherapy (PC) NTDs (lymphatic filariasis, onchocerciasis, soil transmitted helminthiasis, schistosomiasis, and trachoma). Eligible proposals may focus on:
Implementation and/or operational research that aims to improve the effectiveness of NTD programs. This may include:
- Identifying factors that hinder equitable delivery of NTD program interventions to vulnerable groups.
- Developing, testing, and scaling practical solutions that are evidence-based, adaptive, and context-specific.
- Identifying ways to improve uptake, adaptation, and adoption of existing evidence-based strategies, tools to achieve elimination and control targets.
- Studies to develop or validate innovative new diagnostic technologies to support NTD program implementation and improvement in operations.
How to apply
- Access the online application form and instructions here, complete all required sections and submit ahead of the deadline
- The application form provides a link here to download a budget template. Complete all required sections by following the funding rules as outlined in the Review Guide and Instructions page of Budget template. Upon completion, please click here to upload a copy of your budget. Please note that an application without an accompanying budget using the prescribed template will not be reviewed.
For More Information:
How to be updated regularly
Kindly subscribe to the site using your Email address for more updates for FREE
- Subscribe to the site www.celebidentity.com using your Email address. Subscription is totally FREE
- LIKE our Facebook page for direct updates
- FOLLOW our Twitter News Handle for updates
- In case of any issue or challenge or questions, Click Here
Celebidentity.com is a job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants.
Celebidentity.com is not an agent of this organization, we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
Celebidentity admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of any kind or request for any OTP code.
Our services are absolutely free of charge.
Beware of fraudsters.