African Union Summit on Industrialization and Economic Diversification Essay Contest 2022 for young Africans – Young Africans are encouraged to apply for this contest as amazing prizes will be won
The African Union Summit 2022 Essay Contest is organized in an effort to harness the energy, creativity, and initiative of the African youth in promoting a culture of sustainable development in Africa, with a particular focus on industrialization and innovation in Africa. It also aims to inspire African society to learn from the young minds and to think about how each of them can make a difference in our continent’s future. In a nutshell, the
essay contest will serve to open up dynamic conversations and spur reflection and action by leaders on addressing issues on Industrialisation from the perspective of young people and push for much-needed reforms.
The essay contest is organized by the African Union Commission as an activity within the preparation for the upcoming African Union Summit on Industrialization and Economic Diversification, scheduled to
be held in Niger, in November 2022.
AU Summit on Industrialization and Economic Diversification
Our youth should inspire the way we think and act, and they shape the society we live in. As an African youth, what kind of industrialization should be prioritized to maximize the synergies with Africa’s development agenda towards the overarching objective of achieving sustainable development and prosperity for all? In doing so, how can our African leaders best pursue the envisaged industrialization pathway?
- The competition is open to young people 15 – 35 from All African Union Member States.
- Only one entry per person.
- The essay can be submitted in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish)
The following awards will be given to the three best essays respectively:
1st Prize will receive:
- AUC issued Certificate
- Round trip from home country to the AU Summit on Industrialization and Economic Diversification in Niamey, Niger.
- Accommodation during the said Summit
- Present the essay to the Summit to leaders, and technical experts
2nd and 3rd prize:
- AUC issued Certificate
- Publication on the AUC website.
The outcome of the Essay Competition
The winning essay will be presented at the AU Summit on Industrialization and Economic Diversification in Niger. The essay will be used as a guideline, a voice of young people and their views on the promotion of SMEs and Innovation on the continent especially leveraging from the AfCFTA.
The essay should be centred around the Summit theme, elaborate the challenges and actions within the region and solutions to those challenges. It should also include one of the AU Agenda 2063 aspirations:
- Aspiration 1: A prosperous Africa based on inclusive growth and sustainable development
- Aspiration 2: An integrated continent, politically united and based on the ideals of Pan-Africanism and the vision of Africa’s Renaissance
- Aspiration 6: An Africa, whose development is people-driven, relying on the potential of African people, especially its women and youth, and caring for children.
Activities and Tasks
- A selection panel will read and judge the best essay submitted
- The winner will present his/her essay at the AU Summit on Industrialization and Economic Diversification in Niger.
- Novelty: Essays must be original and unpublished. Plagiarized entries will be rejected.
- Copyright of the contested essays: will be assigned to the organizer.
- Arial size 12
- 1.5 spacing
- 2000 – 3000 words maximum
- PDF or MS Word version
- Call for essay submissions: 31st August 2022.
- Application deadline: 30th September 2022
- Selection of the winner: October 2022
- Announcement of the winner: October 2022
- All essays must be sent to AIW2022@africa-union.org by the 30th of September 2022 at 23:59 pm EAT.
- Authors must also sign and send a copy of the attached Attestation of Authorization form.
For More Information:
How to be updated regularly
Kindly subscribe to the site using your Email address for more updates for FREE
- Subscribe to the site www.celebidentity.com using your Email address. Subscription is totally FREE
- LIKE our Facebook page for direct updates
- FOLLOW our Twitter News Handle for updates
- In case of any issue or challenge or questions, Click Here
Celebidentity.com is a job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants.
Celebidentity.com is not an agent of this organization, we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
Celebidentity admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of any kind or request for any OTP code.
Our services are absolutely free of charge.
Beware of fraudsters.