Apply for Citibank Nigeria Limited (CNL) Recruitment 2022/2023 – Citibank Nigeria Limited is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant job positions in their company. Interested applicants should kindly follow the job application guidelines below to apply successfully.
Citibank Nigeria Limited (CNL) was incorporated in Nigeria on May 2, 1984 and the oldest international bank in the country. It provides a wide range of financial products and services to corporate and commercial customers, financial institutions and public sector organizations. It offers deposit and loan products, global transaction services, cash management, sales and trading, corporate finance and investment banking products.
The company was formerly known as Nigeria International Bank Ltd and changed its name to Citibank Nigeria in 2008. Today it employs about 300 people and operates 12 branches in Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Warri, Kano, Bonny, Aba, Lanlate and Ososa. As at December 31, 2016, it had over NGN 600 billion in total assets. Citibank Nigeria is owned by Citibank Overseas Investment Corporation, a subsidiary of Citibank N.A. (USA).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: TTS SSA Public Sector Sales Head
Job Req ID: 21400708
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Category: Institutional Sales
- The digital policy reforms, infrastructure visions and wider emphasis on citizenship engagement, has proven there is a tremendous opportunity to grow the Public Sector business in SSA.
- Citi is looking for a highly motivated individual responsible for leading the regional TTS Public Sector sales growth strategy, origination focus and advisory across Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Working with TTS Global/Regional TTS Solution Sales Specials and Product Sales consultants, the TTS Public Sector sales head position will drive revenue realisation, retention, cross sell expansion and attrition management.
- Responsible for driving deals through completion to ensure ramp-up of new revenue expected, retention of existing revenue and to manage, report and execute-on any further attrition across the PS client portfolio
- Act as the client advocate in managing the Citi network countries to ensure best-practice sharing, client satisfaction and wider product relevance and commercialization against specific and growing trends of the PS.
- Utilizing the agreed TTS scorecard goals, establish monthly origination, wins, pipeline, and revenue growth KPI’s across SSA against the agreed target market coverage names.
- Create account plans against Citi’s 11 SSA markets detailing wallet sizing opportunity, revenue ramp-up analysis, revenue attrition forecasts, and a calling plan together with relationship teams and local CCO-level contacts.
- Ensure consistent, professional delivery of all TTS sales management disciplines including: call reports, lead generation, pipeline management, implementation acceleration, plus TTS relationship reviews.
- Develop deep understanding of Public Sector specific segments (Central Banks, Ministry of Finance, etc) in each country, leading to a robust grasp on the competitive environment.
- Improve SSA’s specific marketing material for Public Sector clients, leveraging regional industry themes, landscape regulatory changes, solution packages used elsewhere as best-practice and wider advisory.
- Showcase monthly revenue analysis, preparing summaries and forecasts communicating findings to TTS Sector Heads, Relationship Management teams and relevant TTS partners.
- Help to address the legal, policy and regulatory bottlenecks limiting the development of the digital economy and economic value. Create value through understanding and advisory best- – – -practice.
- Explore the TTS role in wider Smart-strategies, align on all Government Visions and Digital Policies, alignment on Government-to-citizen engagement, and integrate with Cyber Security concerns.
- Assist with Private Sector partnerships and idea exploration, utilize the Citi network with Development Agencies, push to liaise better with the U.S. agencies investing and collaborating across SSA.
- Stronger alignment to Citi’s Innovation-Focus (including Innovation Labs) through network alignment, best-practice sharing, product deep-dive reviews and investment opportunities.
- Focus on emerging ESG-related themes with Governments and impact-investing, align on core strategies for inclusive finance and collaborate with relevant agencies to explore where TTS can be more participatory.
- Be the client advocate to ensure client issues are addressed promptly working with partners in client delivery and operations and utilise client forums such as Client-at-Risk and Deal-at-Risk to facilitate resolution where necessary.
- Be responsible for driving superior TTS client satisfaction, providing client feedback on product, process and service needs to the wider TTS partnership tracking accountability and change where needed.
- Take ownership, lead and track specific customer issues/problems including pricing and billing issues and work with the customer and internal departments until issues are resolved.
- Responsible for driving quality, compliant presentations and RFP-responses across PS SSA
Qualifications and Requirements
- Candidates must possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in public policy/development.
- Candidates should have a Treasury certifications.
- Having a Master’s Degree in Public Policy/development is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 10 years’ relevant work experience in African Government or Government-related field.
- Having an experience with the Ministry of Finance and Treasury departments is an added advantage.
- Must have strategic transformation and planning experience, preferably with digital policy development.
- Familiarity with Public Sector organizational construct, engagement and landscape in SSA.
- Experience with a geographically dispersed and complex matrix organisation.
- Proven experience in delivering results and meeting/exceeding sales targets.
- Risk assessment/credit experience (preferred) and analysis of product metrics and balance sheets is positive.
- Proven interaction / credibility with seniors within organisation (e.g. Govt Officials, CFO, Directors).
- Experience with presentation standards, RFP-responses, proposals, persuasive marketing.
- Proficiency in Oral and Spoken English and French Language.
- Public speaking and persuasive writing to multiple people / groups is required.
- Knows how to “leverage the network” and interact professionally with colleagues from all divisions.
- Strong and demonstrated, communication, influence and negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of cash management and trade products (vanilla/complex);
- Candidates should have a “Can do” attitude, dynamic, high energy levels with strong initiative.
- Committed, trusted team player with the ability to interact with Relationship Managers, Unit Heads, Operational hubs, Credit Chain, EMEA coverage/sales teams.
- Self-starter, Adaptable, Team player.
- Proven ability to deliver and exceed on stretch goals.
- Multi-cultural exposure.
- Motivating team members.
- Knows how to leverage a global organization.
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply online
Job Title: Trade Clients Solutions Manager
Job Req ID: 22449858
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full-time
Job Category: Product Management and Development
Job Family: Product Management
- The business landscape in Nigeria is evolving very fast, though lagging behind Cash Management products, the technology evolution happening in local and international trade is gathering momentum with CBN clearing the way for increased automation of hitherto manual processes within the economy of Nigeria.
- In addition, the Covid-19 pandemic and the resulting drop in commodity prices and multiplier effect on foreign reserves of many African Nations gave rise to the CBN focusing more on Import Substitution strategy and providing finances for backward integration for critical companies operating in Nigeria.
- Regionally, the recently launched AFcFTA and the attendant unveiling of the PAPSS platform is proof that African Countries are willing to increase intra-African trade and ease the challenges of looking for convertible currencies to pay for their Imports.
- All the scenarios above dictates that a Trade Clients Solutions (TCS) staff must be able to provide a full suite of Trade Solutions to Clients of Citibank Nigeria.
- The Trade Client Solutions (TCS) staff, must have close proximity to buying centres & behaviour.
- The staff will be responsible for originating (all Trade products including EAF & Structured Trades), structuring and executing deals.
- This staff (working within a team) will also champion acquisition and deepening wallet with our GSG/ PS/ TTLC/ CCB Trade clients in Presence & HMCs (ex-FI clients).
- He/She will be assigned a list of Trade clients to be managed as an owner.
- Managing (end-to-end) the Clients’ Trade Products needs with a view to significantly growing share of wallet of the client customers’ trade business and the corresponding revenues.
- Identifying trade opportunities in the Nigerian market and developing products and processes with a view to significantly encourage the customers to adopt Citdirect and other electronic methods and digitization initiatives.
- This will enable straight-through processing thereby increasing the capacity of the bank to offer a better client experience and reduce operational costs to the bank and increase margins on trade products.
- Develop partnerships with regulators and other stakeholders to enable Citi to obtain approvals and a quick understanding of various circulars issued by regulators impacting our trade clients.
- Identify and aggressively drive growth and penetration of new trade platforms and payment systems in Nigeria.
- Trade Products is one of the two key product groups in our Treasury and Trade Solutions business.
- The digital transformation strategy of the firm, the aggressive push for digitization reforms across markets including Nigeria continues to accentuate the criticality of this role.
- As clients transform their Trade Portfolio for efficiency and to meet the emerging and changing needs of their businesses, consistent with the macroeconomic environments, the need for innovative products will continue to be a critical element that underlies the quality of our engagement and relationship with our clients in the drive to grow share of wallet.
- New Product rollout including documenting business requirements, conceptualizing, development, implementation, piloting and market roll-out.
- Manage (end to end) existing trade products to achieve revenue and other set goals
- Interface with Relationship Managers, Implementation, Electronic Banking and Operations & Technology to obtain customer feedback and processing metrics that can aid in new product development and enhancement of existing products.
- Promote the use of automation and play a role in industry-wide initiatives to increase adoption of PAPSS and other CBN/AFcFTA initiatives by Trade clients of Citi Nigeria.
- Develop customized, efficient and cost-effective trade solutions for customers.
- Manage Partnerships / Alliances related to the product suite.
- Become a Subject matter expert responsible for successful knowledge transfer to internal business partners and guidance to Sales / Relationship Managers and other customer facing units in respect of devising marketing strategies (training, materials and support) to enable sales of trade products and conversion of the bank’s target market.
- Competitive understanding of the marketplace, customer need identification and development of strategies and tactics to grow share and revenues for profitability
- Implementation of Product Plans which encompasses: Product Offering Definition, Development, Testing and Launch, Marketing strategies, Pricing Strategies, Training, Operations and Tech Roadmap, Pricing Models, Sales and Distribution, Delivery Channels, Metrics and Performance Management., Capacity Planning etc.
- Prepare and ensure Product Programs are approved in a timely manner.
- Take full ownership for P& L for Trade Products.
- Grow P&L for existing trade products as well as new introductions. Develop metrics for monitoring performance and institute a disciplined process for analysis and reporting at agreed frequency.
- The replication of Citi’s global capabilities is a key requirement of this role. At least an episodic deal must be booked annually.
- Increase trade assets and volume by at least 10% annually.
- Manage products through an internal strategic partnership with Sales, Operations, Relationship Management, Legal, Financial Control, Treasury and other local and regional peers for the successful delivery of all products.
- Establish strong market presence through membership and active participation in driving industry initiatives, become positive change agent throw enthronement of best practices leveraging on knowledge from other climes.
- Risk Management for the Products (ownership of Rate, Credit, Regulatory and Operational Risk) and its management through the Product Program Process.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Candidates must possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline.
- Having a Master’s Degree or professional qualification is an added advantage
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience, with 7 years’ experience in the banking industry.
- Working knowledge of product management, program management, and marketing
- Good understanding of macro-economics, international trade and local business dynamics
- Experience in Trade Product Management. Experience in an ICT related function, Fintechs is an advantage.
- Good communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skill
- Project Management skills
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Strong creative thinking capability, come up with solutions and innovations
- Relationship Management skills
- Good presentation skills
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply online
Application Closing Date