Association of International Certified Professional Accountants Job Recruitment – This is to inform everyone about the current job recruitment for qualified candidates. Interested persons may kindly apply below.
Association of International Certified Professional Accountants – Combining the strengths of the American Institute of CPA’s and the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, we empower the world’s most highly-skilled accountants – CPAs and CGMA designation holders – with the knowledge, insight and foresight to meet today’s demands and tomorrow’s challenges. We drive a dynamic accounting profession that works every day to build trust, create opportunity and grow prosperity worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Job Type: Full-time
Organization: CIMA Nigeria Business Unit
Summary of Role
- Implement CIMA’s/Association’s Business Development strategy, as directed by Country Manager, in order to build profitable and mutually beneficial relationships with employers, recruitment agencies, secondary and tertiary education institutions, other professional bodies and the public sector (governmental structures).
- Responsible for generating budgeted revenue and increase student numbers by creating and following through on opportunities with clients using a consultative sales approach to sell the Association’s broad portfolio of membership and learning products.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Responsible for generating budgeted revenue and increased student numbers within the target market
- Maintain relationships with relevant stakeholders across academic, private and public sector etc and support the Country Manager in building the reputation and relationships throughout the target market through advocacy and influencing the target market education terrain.
- Develops and cultivates relationships with key employers, to increase account penetration and strengthen the business relationship, thereby elevating the Association’s status to a preferred supplier and trusted advisor on relevant matters including compliance.
- Raise CIMA’s/Association’s profile and brand awareness across the target markets and improve CIMA’s positioning and competitive advantage relative to competition
- Manage collateral distribution for learning and employer partners including various campaigns flyers and stands and CGMA thought leadership output for employer data bases.
- Cross and up-selling to increase the business portfolio offered to existing and new clients
- Generate student registrations, maintain prospect records, categorize hot and warm prospects and follow up on prospects to ensure conversion by telecalls and email notifications.
- Work with internal and external teams to reduce the cost of goods sold to improve margin
- Provide monthly reports of activities and close out reports to all clients within portfolio.
- Perform monitoring and evaluation and reporting requirements internally and externally.
- Keep abreast of general education trends and patterns within the accounting profession to promote CIMA’s qualification, products and services
- Spot opportunities and leverage these to introduce new revenue streams, with special reference to governmental and private funding.
- Entrench CIMA in employment market by building awareness and fostering key relationships with decision makers.
- Recruit, and accredit employer partners to the CIMA training programme and support customers, build thereby deriving income, building relationships and improving student pass rates and progression to ACMA or CGMA
- Share key insights gathered in the external environment that would influence the way CIMA operates and keeps relevant in the target market.
- Facilitate progression by coordinating, revision sessions, workshops, boot camps ,crash courses and supporting exam completes with membership application process and face to face assessments
- Execute any other relevant responsibilities as required.
Required Experience, Qualifications & Education
- Degree level / Business qualification or qualified through relevant depth of experience
- Experience of working remotely and in virtual teams
- Commercially ‘savvy’ with a knowledge of sector/market/business trends.
- 4 – 6 years’ experience a relevant discipline
- Experience in business development and account B2C and B2B management
Preferred Experience, Qualifications & Education:
- Experience and/or knowledge of the accounting profession and/or the financial services industry.
- Marketing communications qualification.
- Experience working for a global organisation.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Demonstrated track record driving to high revenue goals in an enterprise/B2B sales position.
- Results driven: Ability to self-motivate and drive to aggressive revenue targets.
- Performance focused: Must have a strong work ethic with personal accountability as a major driver.
- Experience with customer-oriented, solutions-led, consultative selling techniques (Spin, Solution, etc.) .
- Demonstrated ability to prospect and develop and win new business is critical.
- Relationship development and management skills.
- Negotiation skills in the process of converting opportunities to sales.
- Being engaging, persuasive and active listening are essential over the telephone and in person.
- Presentation skills: Ability to create and deliver compelling presentations with clear-cut call to actions that resonate with customers.
- Strong management and interpersonal skills
- Stakeholder relationship management
- Strong written ad verbal communication skills ;
- Communication – diplomacy, active listening skills, one to one, one to many, telephone.
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, internet, emails, data management)
- Professional: Professionalism; demonstrates a high level of integrity.
- Collaboration/teamwork skills: Ability to work with international colleagues. The ability to share knowledge, skill and experience openly is key.
- Cultural fluency: Understanding of global cultural and business norms, and the ability to communicate and sell effectively to an international audience.
- Knowledge of the public and management accounting profession.
- Business acumen and knowledge: Industry and market knowledge; an understanding of organizational business drivers as well as the ability to recognize where the Association can add value will enable dialogue with senior finance and other business executives.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply