Christian Aid Job Recruitment for Warehouse Assistant – This is to tell everyone about the current job recruitment for all who are qualified. Interested persons may kindly apply below
Christian Aid (CA) is a UK-based international NGO, partnering with others to end poverty in Africa. At the heart of this vision is the transformation of the lives of people who live in poverty, empowering them to have a brighter future. Christian Aid works in more than 30 countries and has been operating in Nigeria since 2003. The Nigeria Country programme focuses on Community Health and HIV, Accountable Governance including humanitarian response and Gender.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Warehouse Assistant
Locations: Biu, Borno and Mubi, Adamawa
Reports to: Commodity Tracking & Reporting Officer
Type of Contract: Fixed Term
Contracted Hours: 35
Contract Length: 8 months
Salary Band: G mid
- Christian Aid Nigeria started implementing the Humanitarian Response programme in the year 2016 in the North-Eastern part of Nigeria. A major part of the response programme is commodity management and documentation. Under the Small Holder Farmer’s project, Christian Aid is maintaining two warehouses in Biu and Michika respectively.
- The Warehouse Assistant will support the Small Holder Farmer project implementation by effectively managing, tracking, and documenting commodities stored in the warehouse.
- Work with the Warehouse team to ensure effective and efficient management of commodities.
- Timely update of commodity information on the last mile application
- Support the timely delivery of daily, weekly, and monthly reports
- Effective coordination and communication between the Programmes and the warehouse team.
- Accurate accountability for warehouse stock
- Carry out any other duty as may be assigned
- The role of the Warehouse Assistant is focused on the continuous implementation of Warehouse strategies and activities to ensure a high level of Compliance with CAID’s Warehouse policies and procedures in the Field location.
- The Warehouse Assistant will maintain a high level of contextual awareness of his/her operating area and strong coordination with the Program team at the field level.
- He/ She will promote a strong warehousing culture at the Base office(s) through continuous training and collaborative warehouse procedures with all field-based staff.
- The Warehouse Assistant will report directly to the Commodity Tracking & Reporting Officer in the operations unit.
- Under the supervision of the Commodity Tracking & Reporting Officer, the Warehouse Assistant will provide support to the programme by undertaking technical and practical operational tasks to ensure smooth, safe, and efficient operation of activities.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Support the Warehouse unit to update warehouse records.
- Accurate and timely submission of daily, weekly, and monthly warehouse reporting
- Update the Commodity Tracking Officer promptly on any issues requiring management attention
- Liaise with programmes team and provide warehousing support for distributions
- Liaise with relevant providers to ensure safe handling and offloading of commodities.
- Deliver on any other responsibility as may be assigned by the Commodity Tracking Officer
- Receipt and accurate documentation of commodity received and issuedWaybill management
- Monthly Physical Stock count
- Hygienic management of the mobile storage unit (MSU)/warehouse
- External: The role will be liaising with truck drivers for delivery of commodities, representatives from the donor during routine checks, community members, and other stakeholders during distributions
- Internal: Liaising with internal stakeholders and colleagues at all levels to achieve role objectives and purpose. Working within the network of the Operations unit family, sharing knowledge and best practice across the organization and with the team in Michika and Biu.
Applied Skills / Knowledge and Expertise:
- A Diploma or Higher Diploma or Degree in Administration or related field from a recognized institution.
- Familiar with the INGO sector
- Ability to use commodity reporting software such as Last Mile Application
- Flexible and willing to work in a remote setting
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team
- Familiar with Warehouse and commodity management in a similar role
- Demonstrable numerical skills
- Good with Microsoft excel and other packages
- The ability to communicate in the local language is desirable.
- Familiar with the northeast context.
Digital / IT competencies required:
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint Choose an item. Web content design & development
- Internet-based collaboration tools and video calling
- Social Media
- The ability to make day-to-day decisions to assist in the administration and smooth running of the Warehouse.
- Ability to negotiate and take on spot decisions that will in turn ensure effectiveness and efficiency.
- Ability to apply logical thinking, discretion, good judgment, and common sense to routine tasks and information, and test solutions for day-to-day issues. Ability to be proactive.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Cick here to apply
Application Deadline 19th June, 2022.