Damien Foundation Belgium Recruitment for Programme Officer (Lagos TB Grant) – This is to inform everyone about the current job recruitment open to qualified individuals who are interested. Kindly go through and click the link below.
Damien Foundation (DFB), Nigeria Project is a charitable Non-Governmental Medical Organization involved in Leprosy and Tuberculosis Control activities in Nigeria since early 90s. The foundation is very popular with her achievement in pioneering Multi-Drug Resistance Tuberculosis (MDR-TB) treatment in the country. She initiated the MDR – TB treatment in collaboration with University College Hospital (UCH) Ibadan in June 2010 and recorded a high treatment success rate. In over 25 years of operation in Nigeria, the foundation has impacted lives of several Persons Affected with Leprosy (PALs) through free reconstructive surgeries, free prostheses, mobile clinics, social reintegration and social supports to both PALs and their families
Currently, Damien Foundation Nigeria covers a population of over 56 million across nine States (Oyo, Osun, Lagos, Ogun, Ekiti, Kwara and Ondostates) with technical and financial supports in case detection and management in Tuberculosis and Leprosy. The main character of Damien Foundation is the quality of services, which are delivered in close partnership with the community and the Government.
In order to strengthen the implementation of the Global Fund TB Grant program in Lagos State, Damien Foundation Nigeria (DFB) is recruiting qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programme Officer (Lagos TB Grant)
Employment Type: Full-time
Organizational Unit: Programme Departments
- Damien Foundation (DFB) is a non-profit humanitarian medical organization affiliated with Damien Foundation Belgium (DFB) and is supporting the Federal Government of Nigeria through the National Tuberculosis and Leprosy Control Programme (NTBLCP) in Oyo, Osun, Kwara, Ondo, Ogun, Ekiti and Lagos States.
- As the Sub Recipient (SR) to LSMOH TB project under Global Fund Grant, DFB has been vested with the responsibility of implementing Active TB case finding programme across the 20 Local Government Areas in the State.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical support and oversight on programme, monitoring and evaluation of the Global Fund project.
- Ensure that the implementation of programme, monitoring and evaluation activities are in line with the projects implementation plan and meets the donor and project’s M&E needs.
- Provide technical support to state officers in ensuring that programmatic data/indicators are accurately captured, and reported according to set guidelines.
- Represent and make appropriate presentations to stakeholders at various forum on programme activities, achievements and deliverables and other M&E activities
- Support the development and design of the M&E framework, tools and project M&E plans, guidelines and ensure efficient data management processes
- Provide continuous technical lead to project team on programme, data management and regularly analyse data, highlight important programmatic gaps and coordinate with program management and others in addressing these gaps.
- Conduct routine monitoring and supportive supervisory visits to project sites, including patients care, data verification and validation and data quality assessments (DQAs)
- Ensure regular maintenance of database/information system, projects training database and programmatic progress updates that documents achievements on a regular basis.
- Support monitoring activities to project sites, collation/analysis of monitoring reports for program feedback and decision making
- Facilitate the preparation/production of project reports,
- Provide technical support to PPM (Global Fund Project) including development of survey instruments, survey implementation, data analysis and report writing under the guidance of the Programme Manager and Country Representative.
Education / Experience
- Applicants must have a degree in Medicine (MBBS or MBChB)
- Experience: 2 – 5 years working on TB related projects
- Possession of an MPH or post graduate degree in a related field is desirable
- At least 5 years progressive experience working in Tuberculosis-related programmes/projects in Nigeria
- Experience in Monitoring and Evaluation in related health fields and programs in developing countries:
- Working experience with GFATM-supported projects or any other donor funded programs is desirable.
- Experience with private, public and community health practice is desirable
- Competency in Microsoft Office, SPSS/Epi-Info or STATA
- Applicant’s experience must reflect the knowledge, skills and abilities listed above
- Age: Not more than 45 years.
Application Closing Date
22nd May, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.