Development Alternatives Incorporated (DAI) Job Recruitment for ICT Specialists – This is to inform everyone about the current job recruitment for candidates who are qualified for the position. Interested persons may kindly apply below
Development Alternatives Incorporated (DAI) is an international development company. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries.
Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.
We are recruiting to fill the posiiton below:
Job Title: Non-Key Experts Pool – ICT Specialist (EU SDGN II -NKE-C2)
Job Code: 7095
Level: Senior-level & Junior-Level, Short-term contract assignments
Project: EU Support to Democratic Governance in Nigeria Programme (EUD SDGN) PHASE II /NDICI AFRICA/ 2021/043-416
Provisional Commencement of the Project: May 2022
Period of Implementation: 60 months
Brief Description of the Project
- This technical assistance contract is aiming to lead the implementation of activities under Component 1 of the Programme –Support to INEC.
- This will require close synergy, coordination and collaboration with other components of the programme, with high priority on delivering as one.
- Furthermore, the Component 1 of the programme will, under the supervision of the Delegation, support monitoring and evaluation as well as communication and visibility activities across the six components to ensure a coherent and efficient programme delivery.
The purposes of this contract are as follows:
- To engender the conditions for inclusive, transparent, credible, and peaceful elections and a more inclusive decision-making process with the meaningful participation of all sectors of society, including women, youth, and other marginalised groups.
- In collaboration with the technical team of the Chairman of the electoral management Body (INEC) already embedded in the programme– Chief Technical Adviser, Special Adviser and Chief Press Secretary – provide capacity development support, technical assistance, policy and expert advice to the electoral management Body – the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).
- To contribute to the implementation of the EU Electoral Observation Missions (EU EOM) recommendations, as well as EU EOM follow up mission recommendations.
- Under the direction of the EU Delegation, support Monitoring and Evaluation as well as communication and visibility activities across the programme components.
We are looking to recruit a pool of non-key experts (senior NKEs and Junior NKEs) and welcomes applications from all interested specialists with experience and interest in the following requirements:
The profiles of the non-key experts for this contract are as follows (minimum covered themes):
- ICT Specialists
- Manage the project’s ICT infrastructure including implementation and management of software applications and hardware infrastructure that support operations.
- Support E-governance initiatives as requested by INEC, including INEC’s ICT innovations including Electoral Management Support Centre (EMSC), electronic transmission of results, voter registration technologies, incorporation of the voter registry data with the polling units’ data to offer an interactive online platform where registered citizens can locate their PUs, using Geographic Information System (GIS).
Qualifications and Skills
- Senior Non-Key Experts must have minimum years of experience of 10 years in areas relevant to the contract and to the position they are applying for.
- Junior Key Experts must have minimum 5 years of experience in areas relevant to the contract and to the position they are applying for.
- All NKEs will be specialists with a University degree level, fluency in English and computer literate, with verifiable and solid relevant professional experience.
- NKEs will have professional and technical profiles that allow them to effectively and efficiently work with national counterparts and experts and consultants of other development partners.
- All experts must be independent and free from conflicts of interest in the responsibilities they take on.
- Civil servants/public officials and other staff of the public administration of the Beneficiary country cannot be recruited as experts.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- If you are interested kindly submit a CV in English, indicating field(s) of expertise and experience.
- Any CV considered relevant will be included in the existing pool of experts and pre-selected candidates will be contacted in the course of project implementation as the need arises.
- Detailed ToR for implementation of short-term missions will be sent to the short-listed candidates