The Federal University Gusau Job Recruitment – This is to announce to everyone about the current job recruitment for qualified persons who apply. Interested persons my apply with the link belowThe Federal University Gusau is a conventional University established in January, 2013 and commenced academic progarammes in the 2014/2015 academic session. It currently has four Faculties of Education, Humanities, Management and Social Sciences and Science, while Faculties of Agriculture, Engineering and Pharmaceutical Sciences are billed to commence soon along with the School of Post-graduate Studies.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director, Physical Planning Works and Maintenance (PPW&M)
Location: Gusau, Zamfara
The Governing Council of Federal University Gusau (FUGUS) hereby announces that the positions of Director, Physical Planning Works and Maintenance (PPW&M) will be vacant soon. In accordance with the Universities (Miscellaneous provisions) Act 1993 (as amended) the Council invites interested and qualified candidates with cognate experience in the positions to submit applications in line with the specifications outlined below:
- Candidate for this position must possess a good B.Sc. / B.Eng Degree in Architecture, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Quantity Surveying from a recognized Institution with a minimum of Second Class Lower Division plus NYSC Discharge Certificate or evidence of exemption.
- The candidate must possess recognized professional certificate with current practicing license and ICT compliant with a working knowledge of relevant packages.
- Candidate must be a Deputy Director or equivalent in a recognized University, Tertiary Institution or equivalent as well as has not less than nine (9) years, post-qualification experience in a university or tertiary institution or equivalent.
- The Director must be a person of high integrity and demonstrate transparency in public and private life as well as command the respect and loyalty of staff of the University.
- Must also be receptive to new ideas and is willing to translate them into new projects in line with phased physical development plans of the University and must not be more than 60 years of age upon assumption of duty.
- In addition, the Candidate must be registered with Council for the Regulation of Engineering (COREN) or Architecture Regulation Council of Nigeria (ARCON) or Quantity Surveying Regulation Board of Nigeria (QSRBN) or Council for Registered Builders of Nigeria (CORBON) or Town Planners Registration Council of Nigeria (TOPREC).
Tenure and Conditions of Service
- The appointment is for a single term of five (5) years only
- Salary and other conditions of service including privileges and entitlements shall be as approved for Federal Universities by the Federal Government of Nigeria and as may be modified from time to time by competent authorities.
Application Closing Date
25th July, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward typed Applications in 30 copies with the Photocopies of their Certificates and detailed Curriculum Vitae, giving the following details among others:
- Full Name
- Marital Status
- Educational Institutions attended with dates
- Professional and other qualifications obtained with dates
- Working Experience (i.e Post heald, duration and salary) and
- Publications (if any)
Applications should be sent to:
Federal University Gusau,
P.M.B 1001 Gusau,
- Applicants should send the names and addresses of the three (3) referees, at least two (2) of them should be competent to attest to the candidates’ professional / academic standing and character.
- Candidates should request their referees to send their confidential reports direct to the address above
- All Applications should be submitted to the above mentioned address on or before the closing date as no application will be collected after the closing date
- Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledge.