Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO-UN) Job Recruitment – This is to announce to the general public bout the ongoing job recruitment. Qualified persons should kindly apply below.
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO-UN) – An intergovernmental organization, FAO has 194 Member Nations, two associate members and one member organization, the European Union. Its employees come from various cultural backgrounds and are experts in the multiple fields of activity FAO engages in. FAO’s staff capacity allows it to support improved governance inter alia, generate, develop and adapt existing tools and guidelines and provide targeted governance support as a resource to country and regional level FAO offices. Headquartered in Rome, Italy, FAO is present in over 130 countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative and Travel Assistant
Organizational Unit: FRNIR
Job Type: Non-staff opportunities
Type of Requisition: PSA (Personal Services Agreement)
Duration: 6 Months and Renewable
About the Job
- The main aim of the FAO country office, which is headed by the FAO Representative, is to assist government of Nigeria to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors, and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
- This position is located in the country office, Abuja to support the smooth operations of travels and logistics of the country office in order to timely and efficiently respond to the needs of the programme and projects.
- The Admin and Logistics Assistant reports directly to the Assistant FAO Representative, Administration and also maintain close collaborations with programme, operations and administration teams in FAO Representation for smooth service delivery in order to meet the objectives of the organization.
- Provides administrative and logistics support to the country office and projects in the Representation.
Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative (FAOR) and direct supervision of the Assistant FAOR (Admin), the incumbent will perform following duties and responsibilities:
- Provide day to day logistic support as requested to ensure smooth operation of the work at the office of the FAOR;
- Provide support to arrange international and local official travel of relevant parties, which include transportation arrangement, hotel reservations, Travel Authorization, security clearances and other documentations;
- Support the process of clearing pouch bags from FAO HQ, Regional Office, Sub-regional office, other Country offices etc. and support the processing of customs clearances for same when required;
- Provide support to the issuance and regularization of Visa at the relevant Government offices
- Provide logistics support to organization of meetings and events held in the country, including the provision of meeting facilities, equipment, catering, making travel arrangements, coordinating logistics, preparing correspondence and assembling documents for participants.
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate records as it pertains to the office of the FAOR.
- Upload back-to-office-report (BTOR) and Meeting Reports in the Shared Drive
- Support Project activities.
- Backstops for the Office Associate during period of absence.
- Manage the calendars of the FAO Representative and Assistant FAO Representatives; schedule appointments; brief the supervisor/s on matters before meetings and missions.
- Assist with protocol liaison activities with the Host Government.
- Carry out administrative functions to support the activities of the FAO Representation.
- Take minutes at internal and/or official meetings.
- Undertake any other tasks assigned by the Supervisor within the assigned area of responsibility.
- University Degree in Social Sciences, Administration, or a relevant field preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of practical experience in general administration/office operational activities, and progressively responsible experience in operations works.
- Good computer skills and proficiency in English language is required.
- Nationality of Nigeria or resident in the country with a regular work permit.
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement.
Technical / Functional Skills:
- Meeting deadlines;
- Conversant with the manuals in the field of general administration and logistic principles and procedures and practices is essential.
- Ability to work under pressure and to multi-task and to maintain good working relationships with people of different nationalities and from different cultural backgrounds.
- Familiarity with UN rules and FAO rules and regulations
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately
- Communication skills to maintain good working relationships with people from different nationality and cultural background.
- Previous work experience with UN agencies would be an asset
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately under pressure.
- Communication skills to maintain good working relationships with people from different nationalities and cultural backgrounds.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: All candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency
Application Closing Date
10:59 PM: 28th April, 2022.