The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) Job Recruitment – This is to tell everyone about the current job recruitment available to qualified persons. Interested persons may kindly apply below.
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is a Swiss-based foundation launched at the UN in 2002 to tackle the human suffering caused by malnutrition. Working with both governments and businesses, we aim to transform food systems so that they deliver more nutritious food for all people. In particular, we aim to make healthier food choices more desirable, more available, and more affordable. GAIN’s mission is to advance nutrition outcomes by improving consumption of nutritious and safe food for all people, especially the most vulnerable to malnutrition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Junior Associate, Food System Dashboard
Duration: 24 Months
Travel required: 30%
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Classification: E2 – Junior Associate
- The Junior Associate will support the implementation of the Senior Advisor-FMARD and the USAID Advancing Nutrition, Food System Dashboard activities and partnerships at country level, to ensure continued, effective project delivery.
- The post holder will provide administrative and logistical support to the project team ensuring smooth and efficient operation of the project by coordinating administrative and logistical support for all country-based staff and support development of sub-awards and tracking of sub-partner/sub-contractor/consultant deliverables.
- The post holder will support the operations team to provide project delivery support to the team.
- GAIN is seeking for a Junior Associate in Abuja for this exciting opportunity. The Junior Associate will support the implementation of specific project activities in their assigned State’s based on approved workplans.
- In addition, they will support project reporting and provide administrative cover necessary to ensure timely implementation and achievement of key project outputs. This position will report directly to the Project Manager, ENSAND.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Support the implementation of Food System Dashboard project, working with implementing agencies, market organizations and businesses
- Support routine visits to the field to ensure that project implementation process is on track
- In coordination with Food System Dashboard project team members, participate at project review meetings with government, project partners, community stakeholders and other technical groups as the need arises
- Under the direction of the Project Manager, support the implementation of project components with other project leads to ensure activities are executed within agreed timeline. Support the creation and delivery of project reports including data analysis from project implementation
- Perform any other relevant tasks as assigned by the Project Manager
- Support the establishment and maintenance of a range of basic databases and filing system for the Food
- System Dashboard
- Work closely with GAIN Nigeria operations team in raising of Purchase Orders and processing related to payments for procurement of goods and services
- Develop and manage attendance and payment sheets for meetings or gatherings pertaining to the Food System Dashboard project.
- Support with the Food System Dashboard team with travel logistics arrangements
- Support minutes taking for meetings, seminars, technical sessions, and conferences
Key Organizational Relationships
- Senior Project Manager, ENDSAND
- Project Manager and Associate
- GAIN Nigeria country Team and GAIN HQ
- Finance, HR, IT and Legal colleagues in GAIN
- GAIN operation staff for operation and procurement related activities
- Government, project partners and other key external stakeholders
- University level Degree in a relevant field such as, Nutrition Science, Public Health, Business Administration, Food Technology, Sociology Development Studies or Agricultural Science with demonstrable progress experience in the same/similar role
- A Master’s Degree in any of the above field with two years’ experience will be an added advantage
- Demonstrated professional experience directly, or indirectly, related to product development, food systems, and international development, including the implementation of market-based agricultural or nutrition programs
- Proven experience with admin and procurement functions
- Excellent writing skill is required.
- Demonstrable experience and skill in project management
- Experience in partnership/stakeholder management
- Negotiation skills required to support the management of contractors and vendors contracted to deliver high quality results
- Strong communication skills
- Pleasant disposition with a good-natured, cooperative attitude
- Able to demonstrate good judgment, problem solving, and creativity
- Computer literacy with good Excel, MS Word, Outlook, and Power Point skills
- Flexible, adaptable, and available to take on other tasks or duties as requested by the supervisor.
- Highly organized and detailed-oriented
- Ability to work collaboratively with all staff
- Strong communication skills in multicultural, multi-lingual environment
- Proven ability to generate and deliver reports that provide useful insight into project details
- Experience in stimulating demand for food and agricultural commodities through social or commercial marketing methods
- Fluent written and verbal English
The starting salary on offer for this role is from NGN 5,139,552 – NGN 5,860,896 / Annum, dependent on experience.
What GAIN Offers
- Flexible working hours
- Friendly working environment
- Professional development opportunities
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 1st June 2022.