Heifer International Job Recruitment Portal – We wish to inform the entire public about the current job recruitment for qualified persons who apply. Interested persons may kindly apply below.
Heifer International does so much more than put food in the mouths of hungry people. Heifer helps people feed themselves. The goal of every Heifer project is sustainability – project partners achieving self-reliance
And year after year, as partner families Pass on the Gift of knowledge and one or more of their animals’ offspring to others in need, they become links in a network of hope, dignity and self-reliance that helps hundreds of others care for themselves.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Coordinator, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning – AYuTe
Job ID: 609
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Category: Monitoring and Evaluation
- Senior Coordinator, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning – AYuTe will be responsible for designing and implementing Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Systems for the AYuTe project in Africa.
- Strong emphasis is on efficiency, quality, data collection, analysis and reporting, while providing technical input to the project review and ensure conformity with Heifer global standards and stakeholder expectations.
- The Senior Coordinator, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) – AyuTe will report to the Youth and Innovation Lead – Africa.
A.) Implement Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Systems for AYuTe project development towards sustainable impact (35%):
- Collect and manage data to support needs assessment, impact analysis, project design, theory of change, results framework, indicators, target setting and progress management.
- Collate information and maintain record of performance of farmer cooperatives/ associations for progress reporting and activities panning.
- Coordinate/ensure preparation of all AYuTe monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual project reports.
- Ensure proper use of available digital tools and technology for effectively managing MELs activities on the AYuTe project.
- Elevate MELs related challenges to supervisor for coordination with the SVP – Africa Programs, to find timely solutions
- Liaise with BDDE-MELS to ensure AYuTe MEL systems design and implementation are in line with Heifer global standards
- Conduct and manage project baseline, living income benchmarking and monitor project progress, and evaluations as documented in the MELs plan.
- Ensure the effective implementation of MELs policies, procedures and guidelines for the AYuTe project.
- Emphasize result – based approach to monitoring and evaluation, emphasizing results and impacts
- Undertake field visits to support implementation of MELs and to identify where adaptations might be needed.
B.) Contribute to Program Effectiveness: Design Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Systems for AYuTe project (25%):
- Design and manage data collection tools, plans and processes for all required information, ensuring high quality and integrity of data.
- Periodic review and adjust MELs plans and targets, tools and processes to ensure they are realistic.
- Ensure alignment of AYuTe project’s MELs plans and procedures with organization’s standards and requirements.
C.) Data Management, Analysis and Utilization for Learning. (20%):
- Ensure timely data availability and reporting to stakeholders as needed.
- Respond to stakeholders’ requests for additional information on project activities and results.
- Document lessons learned, successes, failures and best practices via case studies and collaborating, learning and adapting (CLA).
- Develop and monitor CP level action agenda to ensure that they are refined and acted upon.
- Generate quarterly, bi-annual and annual reports/ as required.
D.) Learning / Capacity Development (15%):
- Continuously capacitate staff on MELs activities as required to provide clarity and equip them to deliver responsibilities efficiently.
- Conduct peer/exchange, Monitoring and Control visits periodically.
- Support Heifer-wide research for learning when needed.
E.) Any Other Assigned Functions (5%):
- Perform other job-related duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree in International Development, Economics, Statistics, or other relevant disciplines with focus on Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Minimum of Eight (8) years of substantial monitoring and evaluation experience.
- Master’s Degree in a MEL related field is an advantage.
- Experience in designing MEL systems.
- Background conducting multi-national MEL work, including designing, collecting, quality assuring, aggregating, and reporting on MEL from multiple projects.
- Experience with qualitative evaluation.
- Demonstrated experience in coordinating and working with international donors and grantees on PMEL/MLE systems.
- Experience in managing databases and coordinating evaluations, surveys and impact monitoring.
Most Critical Proficiencies:
- Innovative, analytical, and solutions oriented.
- A good understanding of and sensitivity to issues associated with poverty, hunger, agriculture and the environment, and knowledge of the context in which non-profit organizations operate.
- Demonstrated experience in statistical analysis, reporting and analyzing program performance.
- Proficient knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, presentation tools, electronic mail (Microsoft Office preferred) and Internet.
- Strong knowledge and skills in data management and analysis using statistical software’s (eg. STATA, SPSS, SAS, Eviews, etc.).
- Familiarity with data collection software (e.g. SurveyCTO)
- Demonstrated proficiency in English, both oral and written.
- Experience with ICT.
- Knowledge of market systems interventions and linkages to poverty alleviation.
- Excellent organizational skills, including strong attention to detail.
- Proven experience in building the capacity of partner institutions to document and disseminate industry information, manage knowledge, measure progress and plan and advocate within the industry.
- Ability to work in a team.
Essential Character Traits:
- Detailed oriented, self-driven and leadership skills.
Essential Job Functions and Physical Demands:
- Ability to understand, appreciate and implement Heifer’s Values-Based Holistic Community Development model.
- Demonstrated creativity, ability to think systematically, willingness and ability to incorporate innovative solutions.
- Constant face-to-face, telephone and electronic communication with colleagues and the public.
- Working with sensitive information and maintaining confidentiality.
- Ability to manage and execute multiple tasks with little supervision while meeting sometimes inflexible deadlines.
- Willingness and ability to travel.
- Ability to work with sensitive information and to maintain confidentiality.
- Quantitative and qualitative approaches to evaluation and ability to communicate MEL concepts clearly with leadership, partners, and staff at all levels.
- Willingness and ability to assign and review the work of direct reports and to use participatory management skills with junior and senior staff.
- Proven team leadership and supervisory skills with the ability to train and work cooperatively with a diverse staff, including field staff in various locations.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Heifer International is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with some form of specially-abled