International Medical Corps Job Recruitment for a Supply Chain Manager – We wish to inform everyone about the current job recruitment. Interested persons should kindly apply below if qualified.
International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and Nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Supply Chain Manager
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Position: Nigerian nationals only
- Under the supervision of the Supply Chain Coordinator, The Supply Chain Manager will design an effective supply chain program to promote quality programming in the region.
- He/She Will lead IMC Procurement operational support structure, manage asset and fleet operations, committed to provide reliable and timely program activities support, evaluate the types of market available within NIGERIA, determine what this market can offer in terms range of materials supplies, products and services.
- To determine the geographical distribution and nature of the local markets, analyze human resources available to support the Procurement Service and come up with Procurement ‘best’ practice of other organizations operating in NIGERIA that can be mirrored as per of benchmarking.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ensure the day-to-day coordination of the procurement team to promote timely supply of goods and services for program support;
- Enforce adherence to IMC Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) in procurement of goods and services;
- Streamline procurement activities by making sure requisite tools that handle an effective procurement are used in various levels of procurement activities;
- Mentor and provide capacity building support to procurement staff and other relevant employees where applicable for efficiency in the supply chain team likewise enforce teamwork with other program staff;
- Participate in project planning meetings to help identify challenges and capacity issues with program staff for timely intervention and solutions to procurement related problems;
- Monitor program request and required purchase requisitions to make sure respective coding are done in line with budgets, respective project activities and assigned grant codes;
- Ensure new staff receive appropriate inductions on procurement systems and processes for newly hired staff when necessary;
- Lead and coordinate all global procurements and remain the country focal point person on global procurements;
- Upgrade IMC procurement tools and templates and seek management’s approval when necessary;
- Identify gaps and bottlenecks in the procurement management procedures and suggest remedies for corrective measures when necessary;
- Enforce the use of procurement tracking system by various departments and share updated version during Senior Management Team Meetings and other periodic review sessions when necessary;
- Coordinate with Operations, Medical Coordinators and Pharmacy staff to provide updated information about medical commodities, WASH materials and other program support materials for timely use likewise develop mitigation plans for bottleneck and commodities supplies and delivery;
- Establish and maintain good contacts with suppliers, government offices, UN agencies and other NGOs with regards to logistical matters;
- Establish Blanket Purchase Agreements (Long term frame-work agreements) for a main supplies and services and ensure they are awarded/updated accordingly at an appropriate time.
- Manage IMC asset and fleet operations by supervising Asset and Fleet officers.
- Ensure the regular asset inspection and verification is done and reports are completed.
- Guide fleet officer on vehicle allocation planning and ultimate utilization of resources.
- Closely monitor the KPI for asset and fleet and assist Supply Chain Coordinator on executing operations improvement plan.
- Support Supply Chain Coordinator on reporting of Asset and fleet with regular data processing and analysis.
- Prepare plan for required asset, budgeting, maintenance and safe asset disposition process with consultation of Supply Chain Coordinator.
- Proactively conveying procurement progress updates to the appropriate senior logistics personnel and all relevant parties, anticipating any future risks, issues or key developments that the wider team should know;
- Ensure liaison and the role of focal person between appropriate senior logistics personnel, the logistics support staff and program staff including Global Procurement team at Headquarters;
- Share key project/local process messages with the logistics support staff, as well as proactively provide feedback to appropriate senior logistics personnel on behalf of the Supply Chain team.
- Organize procurement capacity building sessions for in-house trainings, mentoring and distant trainings via skype with the supply chain staff;
- Provide guidance on career paths for Supply Chain staff when necessary through frequent capacity needs assessments.
- Support partner organization on regular monitoring visit, documents assessment and checking, market assessments and any other capacity building initiatives in related to supply chain functions.
Qualification and Requirements
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration or Logistics or Purchasing and Supply or Finance (desired). Certification in Humanitarian Logistics Supply Chain (desired if no academic degree in logistics).
- Extensive experience (4 to 6 years) in humanitarian logistics management within the field of supply chain management (procurement, tendering, contracting, clearance, transport, warehousing, etc.), distribution support,
- Proven record on the ability and experience of the management of Procurement, asset and fleet at a senior level
- Commitment and demonstrated skills to build staff capacity in the areas of Procurement management, supervision and monitoring.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with analytic approach.
- Some record of experience with donor (especially, OFDA, ECHO, DFID, BPRM, UN-Agencies specific procedures,
- Ability to work in harsh conditions, often in remote areas,
- Proficiency with MS Word and Excel.
- Fluent English Written and Spoken
- Strong interpersonal, management and leadership skills. Experience in remote management.
- Ability to work in participatory manner with staff to assess needs, implement and monitor activities.
- Ability to integrate and work well within multiethnic and multicultural team.
- Ability to work in harsh conditions, often in remote areas,
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse:
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps.
Compliance & Ethics:
- Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications, addressed to, the Human Resource Coordinator, International Medical Corps via the email: firstname.lastname@example.org using the position and the location as the subject of the mail.
- Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Candidates MUST state the position and location they are applying for as the Subject of their email, application letter and curriculum vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document, otherwise applications will not be considered.
- International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.
- Due to the urgent need of the position applications received will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- International Medical Corps never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary transaction. If you are asked for money in connection with this recruitment, please report to International Medical Corps at the reporting email address provided at the end of this document. International Medical Corps’ Reporting email address: www.InternationalMedicalCorps.ethicspoint.com.
- Please do not submit your CV or application to the reporting email address, it will not be considered for review
27th April, 2022.