Jolly Energy Fleet Limited Job Recruitment for Storekeeper – We wish to inform everyone about the current job recruitment for qualified persons. Interested persons may kindly apply below
Jolly Energy Fleet Limited – Established in 2009 as an engineering and trading firm, Jolly Energy Fleet’s sole aim is in ensuring our esteem clients get their desired output, with respect to our range of specialty in providing International Oil Company (IOCs) and National Oil Company (NOCs) support services like personnel onboarding, facility management, building construction, fabrication, camp installation, logistics, marine services, civil security, as well as procurement and commissioning of specialized projects.
Over time, our organization continue to remain resilient, nevertheless, we have included in our range of services, sales, distribution, and supply of petroleum products e.g., lubricants, domestic and industrial gas of different types, AGO, DPK and petrol to mention but a few for business to business (B2B) and business to customers (B2C) with outlets spread across Delta State and environs. Our success is strongly based on partnerships, local and international. This flexibility allows us to service a wide variety of customers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Storekeeper
Location: Warri, Delta
Employment Type: Full-time
What Does a Storekeeper Do?
- The storekeeper is responsible for general and department-specific, routine, daily store activities, including processing postings, supplies receipt and distribution, carry out inventories and inventory control activities, and may manage purchase and change orders.
- They are also responsible for conducting an inspection on the receipt of delivery from suppliers to verify the quality and quantity of materials and equipment received against specifications and units ordered, after which they dispatch the incoming items to the appropriate areas within the facility.
- The storekeeper must also prepare and maintain a variety of records related to the organization’s store activities and assist in keeping the assigned facility clean and orderly.
- Their work description may also include helping to spot and prepare materials and equipment for disposal, transfer, or auction.
- It may also entails providing support in making minor repairs to equipment to ensure proper working condition prior to transfer or sale.
- The storekeeper job description entails maintaining an automated supply inventory database; updating database of materials, supplies, and equipment; generating related reports to verify inventory levels, and determining re-order activity and usage rates.
- It may also involve the distribution and issuance of uniforms, supplies, materials, and/or equipment based on incoming requests and orders.
- Storekeepers also initiate orders to replenish supply inventories following established guidelines and procedures in the company and follow-up with vendors and suppliers to ensure prompt delivery of items.
- The storekeeper is responsible for the maintenance of a department’s / organization’s storeroom, performing activities such as stocking of operational materials and supplies, inventory control and records, purchasing, and related duties as required.
The primary tasks, duties, and responsibilities that commonly make up the storekeeper job description are listed below:
- Take delivery of all incoming materials and reconcile with purchase orders
- Track, document, and resolve any discrepancies on received orders
- Responsible for stock rotation and coordinate the disposal of surpluses
- Oversee the handling of freight, the movement of equipment, and minor repairs
- Manage supplier relations and database as well as maintain high ethical relationships both internally and externally
- Create purchase orders and utilize purchasing card to perform low-value procurement activities
- Responsible for shipping cancelled or damaged items back to suppliers as appropriate.
- Ensure accuracy of the facility’s inventory system by updating records of physical inventory totals, receipts, adjustments, and returns
- Manage inventory/supplies and ensure they are within the established minimum and maximum levels
- Keep up-to-date records of receipts, records, and withdrawals from the stockroom
- Responsible for packing, pricing, labeling, and returning supplies
Requirements / Skills
If you are seeking the position of a storekeeper, here are major requirements that you may be expected to fulfill by JEF Ltd to be hired for the role:
- Education: To obtain the job of a storekeeper, applicants are required to have at least an OND, HND, B.Sc.
- License/Certification: A storekeeper requires a valid driver’s Liscence.
- Computer Skills: Applicants are required to have Basic computer skills to work with computerized inventory system and data entry skills to update the inventory control system
- Communication Skills: They need great written and verbal communication skills to work effectively with others and maintain appropriate store records
- Customer Service Skills: The role of a storekeeper is a client-facing role. Applicants may be required to interface with suppliers and customers, so it is vital that they have a customer-orientation, which is necessary for identifying customer needs, retaining customer, and resolving Customer Issues
- Interpersonal Skills: Given the nature of their job, interpersonal skills are essential for building and strengthening relationships with the various stakeholders they interface within the course of their job.
- Knowledge: Employers often seek people with working knowledge of storekeeping, general warehousing, and familiarity with issuing, stocking, ordering and receiving parts/supplies, and understanding of cycle counts on inventory.It is also important that they can operate equipment such as and in compliance with standard operating policies and procedures
- Knowledge of proper bookkeeping and inventory management
- Energetic: The job of a storekeeper requires some physical energy.
N40,000 – N60,000 monthly
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 15th July, 2022.