Jumia Nigeria Job Recruitment Portal 2022- This is to inform the general public about the ongoing job recruitment at Jumia Nigeria. Interested persons who meet up to the conditions should apply below.
Jumia is Africa’s leading internet group, with already over 3,000 employees in more than 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs and Jumia Services. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CdC.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Java Engineering Manager
Job Type: Full-time
We are looking for a Lead Developer to join Jumia’s Engineering management team. You will be in charge of setting a fantastic engineering experience for your team(s), its delivery, growth, and career path, and you will interface with multiple stakeholders to discuss current projects and the vision for future ones. We grow through our technology and you will play a key role in it.
- Be part of the Jumia Engineering Management team and play a key role in Jumia’s technology plan
- Be a role model for the Jumia Values
- Coach engineers in your team and set their career path
- Drive your team on a continuous lookout for improvement
- Build reliable systems that scale to Jumia’s ambitions
- Interact and communicate effectively with engineers, product owners, and business stakeholders
- Partner with the product lead to manage project scope and ensure the technical deliverables are met
- Identify headcount needs for the team, plan and recruit to fill these needs
- Find a group of humble and smart people ready to make you grow and to grow with you
- Change the Internet landscape in Africa and the World through your team.
Qualifications and Requirements
- 5+ years experience as an individual Software Engineer contributor working with Java technologies and agile methodologies
- A track record of leading effective teams (officially or unofficially – this may be your first experience as engineering manager)
- An eye for recruiting great people
- A great sense to manage technical debt and you know investing in quality will make you go faster
- The ability to be autonomous and to own your decisions
- The ambition to grow the company and within the company
- A great technical sense to challenge engineers and product to make the right decisions
- Full professional English proficiency.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Application Closing Date