Lagos African cluster Nigeria – call for Visiting Research Fellowship 2023 – This is an opportunity for individuals who meet the criteria. Interested persons may apply below
The Lagos African Cluster Centre calls for applications for a short Visiting Fellowship, between one and three months, from January 2023. Scholars interested in the major theme of ‘Reconfiguring African Studies’ through multidisciplinary engagement are welcome.
The aim of the Fellowship is to expose scholars to a process of reconfiguring African Studies within the African context and realities. The scholarship will make the scholar a Fellow of Lagos – African Cluster Centre (ACC). Fellows will be expected to engage with the above theme through a process of re-examining basic assumptions and querying them with multidisciplinary approaches to enhance, uphold or dismiss present knowledge about Africans while demonstrating the multiple-ness in discourses about Africa.
Applicant has to meet the following criteria:
- Hold a PhD degree, by the time of application;
- Have conducted research, as part of the PhD and/or in later projects; with a focus on Africa;
- Be actively pursuing an academic/research career;
- Be published in chosen area of specialty;
- In accordance with visa regulations, be ready to return to the country of which applicant is a citizen and/or a current resident upon completion of the fellowship.
- Applicants must be based in an African Academic Institution, preferably in any of the ACCs and the University of Bayreuth.
Fellowship shall include:
- A return ticket (economy class).
- A monthly stipend to cover living expenses in Lagos.
- Travel insurance in Nigeria
- Accommodation in the University of Lagos: single room with shared facilities.
- The use of (shared) office facilities and of library facilities.
For More Information:
- African Leadership Academy (ALA) 2023 for young Leaders across Africa
- UNESCO Kulturweit Tandem Exchange Program 2023 for young East Africans – Fully Funded to Kenya and Germany
- First National Bank (FNB) 2022 Graduate Programme for young South Africans.
- World Forum for Democracy 2022 – Youth Delegation – Fully Funded to Strasbourg, France
- Westerwelle Young Founders Programme – Autumn 2022 (Fully Funded to Berlin, Germany) for Young Entrepreneurs from Emerging and Developing Countries
How to be updated regularly
Kindly subscribe to the site using your Email address for more updates for FREE