Lumos Nigeria Job Recruitment for Assistant Manager, Procurement – We wish to inform the general public of the current job recruitment at Lumos Nigeria Bar for suitably qualified individuals.
Lumos offers clean and affordable solar power to a market of 1.3 billion potential customers who live off the electricity grid. Lumos enables people to replace hazardous and expensive kerosene generators and lanterns with modern solar electricity that can power lights, cellphones, fans, computers, TVs, and other small electronic devices (all at once, every day). By offering Solar Power as a Service, Lumos offers homes and small businesses a simple and affordable way to pay for electricity in small instalments using their mobile phones.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Manager, Procurement
Location: Sanya (Mile 2), Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking for a resourceful Procurement (Assistant) Manager with a startup mentality and a mature disposition.
- The ideal candidate for this role combines having specific knowledge on import and export of goods with the ability to hands-on run a procurement function that sources goods and services with the right quality at the right price.
- Lumos specifically invites both experienced Procurement managers as well as talented Procurement officers to apply as the Company is a firm believer that excellence, commitment and maturity are not a function of age or job title but are a function of talent and drive to be successful.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Import and export of goods, including customs clearing and sourcing for air and sea freight service providers.
- Set up procurement function in line with international best in class standards.
- Lead procurement process and ensure for on time delivery of the agreed goods and services against the best possible price.
- Maintain professional relationship with the vendors focused on continuous improvement of the contractual terms, based on a win-win approach.
- Plans, directs, and manages the international and local procurement activities
- Manages the import/export process from door-to-door and hands-on manages all parties involved. This includes communication with foreign vendors, shippers, and agents.
- Owns the process for local ordering and purchases of goods and services for all the departments and manages the PO/PR process in our ERP system
- Develops strong relationships with the supplier/vendor community that allows for long term positive growth and better quality and pricing.
- Negotiates strongly to ensure best combination of quality, price, and payment terms.
- Implement procurement policies and enforcing agreed SLA on vendors and contractors.
- Partner with all stake holders to provide quality service and positive (internal) customer experience.
- Ensures that vendors follow up from queries from stakeholders as queries are escalated.
- Be consistent in aligning all activities with our Governance procedures.
Requirements and Qualifications
- HND / BSc Degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 4 years experience as a procurement officer/manager or related position
- Pro-active personality
- High sense of ownership of the allocated tasks
- Feels responsible for his/her own success and the success of the company
- Solid understanding of and hands-on experience with import/export processes
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
- Ability to negotiate, establish, and administer contracts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate in a professional and mature manner with local and foreign vendors
- Accurate and precise, attention to detail and structured work approach
- Ability to work well with management and staff at all levels
- Goal-oriented, organized team player
- Uncompromisable integrity.
Application Closing Date
12th August, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Vorem Job Recruitment Portal – How to Apply
- Dangote Group Job Recruitment Portal – Apply Now
- Avant Halogen Recruitment for Professional Sales Staff
How to be updated regularly
Kindly subscribe to the site using your Email address for more updates for FREE
- Subscribe to the site www.celebidentity.com using your Email address. Subscription is totally FREE
- LIKE our Facebook page for direct updates
- FOLLOW our Twitter News Handle for updates
- In case of any issue or challenge or questions, Click Here
Celebidentity.com is a job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants.
Celebidentity.com is not an agent of this organization, we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
Celebidentity admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of any kind or request for any OTP code.
Our services are absolutely free of charge.
Beware of fraudsters.