Malaria Consortium Job Recruitment for Data Collector / Research Assistant – This is to announce the current recruitment for qualified persons who meet the requirement. Interested persons may kindly apply below
Malaria Consortium is one of the world’s leading non-profit organisations specialising in the comprehensive prevention, control and treatment of malaria and other communicable diseases among vulnerable and under privileged populations. We increasingly find our work on malaria can be effectively integrated with other similar public health interventions for greater impact and therefore expanded our remit to include child health and neglected tropical disease interventions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Collector / Research Assistant (WBI)
Locations: Abuja, Borno and Lagos
Duration: May- June 2022
- We require qualified Research Personnel that will carry out data collection to facilitate landscape and context analysis of the malaria control situation in Borno, Lagos and the FCT.
- Fifteen (15) data collectors in each of the three States will be responsible for administering the questionnaire according to the data collection protocol.
- They will undergo a day training on data collection protocol/methodology, data collection instrument, the art of data collection, inter-personal communication, and the use of the electronic platform.
- HMIS assessment; LMIS/PSM assessment; HF assessment
- Attend one-day orientation on the data collection protocol.
- Participate in stakeholder engagement meetings and interviews as appropriate.
- Conduct fieldwork – Data collection on HMIS relevant to malaria programming; LMIS/PSM relevant to malaria programming including procurement, distribution channels, storage, stock, documentation of logistic data and gaps; capacity of health facility workers on effective and efficient implementation of integrated case management of fever.
Qualifications and Experience
Profile requirements of Data Collectors/Research Assistants:
- A minimum Degree (B.Sc / HND) in Social Sciences and Health-related disciplines.
- Experience: Two – Three years experience
- Experience in the collection of both qualitative and qualitative research data.
- Familiarity with the terrain of the locality.
- Ability to give attention to details.
- Experience in conducting public health research, particularly data collection.
- Experience in the use of modern technology in research, especially computer-assisted personal interviews (CAPI) and simple apps like ODK and SurveyCTO.
Timelines for Activities:
- Duration: May – June 2022
- No. of Technical Assitant Days: Total TA days – 11 days
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Kindly note that applicants who do not follow this specification, will be disqualified.
- All application should be sent in on or before the closing date.
- Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Kindly note that applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, therefore early applications are highly encouraged.
- Malaria Consortium does not accept or ask for payment during recruitment. We also would not accept hardcopy CVs; all Applications should be sent through the above link
7:59 AM: 20th May, 2022.