The Management Sciences for Health (MSH) Job Recruitment – The Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates for the position below. Interested persons may apply below
The Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Case Management / MIP Officer
Job Requisition ID: R2256
- PMI-S is a five-year PMI/USAID flagship malaria project implemented through a consortium led by MSH. The project is supporting the Government of Nigeria through its agencies at the federal, state, LGA and community levels to reduce under-five and maternal mortality by delivering quality services for management of malaria, its complications, and prevention.
- PMI-S project focuses on strengthening the capacity of the National Malaria Elimination Program (NMEP) and State Malaria Elimination Programs (SMEPs) for the implementation of the National Malaria Strategic Plan 2014-2020.
Main Purpose of the Job
- The Case Management/MIP Officer will be supervised by and report to the State Technical Malaria Lead.
- The Case Management/MIP Officer’s responsibilities will include ensuring the availability of updated policies and strategic documents to SMEPs, LGAs, and health facilities, providing TA to SMEP to improve case management at health facilities, coordinating with SMEP to ensure planned trainings occur, and followed up, supporting the planning of and participating in ISS, and ensuring the coordination of malaria case management and MIP activities within SMEP and with partners.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Engage the State Malaria Elimination Program, SMOH, SPHCDA, and relevant partners to adopt/adapt the latest malaria case management and MIP policy, guidelines and strategies in line with national guidelines, and strategies.
- In collaboration with the State Technical Malaria Lead (STML), provide malaria technical expertise in the development and monitoring of the state malaria annual work plan (AOP).
- Collaborate with other PMI-S state project team to support roll out of malaria policy guidelines, SOPs and Job aids to health workers working in public and private health facilities through continuous professional development (CPD) programmes.
- Contribute to preparation of project reports, documentation of good practices, and technical publications.
- Contribute to visibility of PMI for States Project work through innovative presentation of project approaches and results at state, federal and international levels.
- Work with the STML to build capacity of State Malaria Elimination Program (SMEP), health providers at health facilities and in the community in provision of quality malaria case management and MIP services.
- Provide TA to the SMEP and SMOH in the design and implementation of a QA system for malaria services at the state level including quality of diagnostic testing and linkage of positive cases to treatment for both uncomplicated and severe malaria cases.
- Provide TA to the SMEP and SMOH on effective engagement of public health service providers, and compliance with case management and MIP national guidelines
Required Minimum Qualification
- A First Degree in a Health field and a Master’s Degree in Public Health, Public Administration, Management related discipline, or equivalent training.
- At least 5 years’ experience in health program management in developing countries, three of which should be in providing clinical services at health facilities; and at least 2 years’ experience providing TA to health facilities on malaria case management and MIP, according to latest national/WHO treatment guidelines.
- Previous experience working with MAPS or SuNMaP1 will be an advantage.
- Proven programmatic, technical and managerial expertise in providing TA to health workers to strengthen their technical, management and/or leadership capacity, systems and processes, and sustainability potential.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Computer skills: Windows applications for word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Good verbal and written communication skills to manage project communications and disseminate project information are required.
- Demonstrated strategic agility, diplomacy, conflict management, team building, and interpersonal skills to ensure internal coherence among diverse team members and sub-partners, as well as external relations with the State Ministry of Health, civil society, private sector and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrated capacity to collaborate with State Health departments, SPHCDA, partners supporting SMOH, and LGAs to achieve results.
- Experience with MIP interventions, and familiarity with MIP national guidelines
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
How to be updated regularly
Kindly subscribe to the site using your Email address for more updates for FREE
- Subscribe to the site www.celebidentity.com using your Email address. Subscription is totally FREE
- LIKE our Facebook page for direct updates
- FOLLOW our Twitter News Handle for updates
- In case of any issue or challenge or questions, Click Here
Celebidentity.com is a job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants.
Celebidentity.com is not an agent of this organization, we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
Celebidentity admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of any kind or request for any OTP code.
Our services are absolutely free of charge.
Beware of fraudsters.