National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA) 2022 Recruitment for State Consultants – This is meant to announce the National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA) 2022 Recruitment for duly qualified candidates. Interested persons may kindly apply.
The National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA) (formerly National Action Committee on AIDS) was established in February 2000 to coordinate the various activities of HIV/AIDS in the country.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: State Consultant
Locations: Anambra, Ekiti, Gombe and Kaduna
Project / Program: RSSH
Reporting to: Senior Technical Specialist CSS, ISD/QI.
- The State Engagement Advisor will support the Programme Coordination Unit (PCU) to conduct needs assessment, develop an implementation plan, M&E plan as well as concept notes in relation to interventions and activities to be implemented under the RSSH 2021-2023 grant.
- S/He will work for an initial period of three months and provide the necessary support to relevant state structures for timely implementation of activities.
- Lead the conduct of a capacity and needs assessment of the health system with a focus on the RSSH core areas (PSM, HMIS, LabS, CSS, ISD/QI) and produce a detailed report of findings
- Provide hands-on technical support to the PCU supporting the state engagement component, ensuring highest level of project management skills are applied to achieve timely results
- Support the PCU to develop concept notes in relation to interventions and activities
- Support strengthening of PCU and relevant stakeholders in the states
- Document the status and achievements and feedback to relevant state authorities and the PR
- Lead the state implementation planning and workplan development workshop and support key stakeholders to use the findings from the needs assessment to identify priority needs and design targeted interventions to respond to them.
- Provide technical assistance in the development of a comprehensive implementation plan, monitoring and evaluation (M&E) framework and budget, within the ceiling allocated to each state, for the period of the RSSH grant
- Participate in any other activities related to the above functions.
Experience and Qualifications
- MBBS or Master’s Degree in Public Health, Medical Sciences or Social Sciences or other related fields.
- At least 10 years of experience working in the state health system
- Experience working on international donor-funded programs (Global Fund preferred) is added advantage.
- Experience designing and implementing health systems strengthening interventions
- Experience with HIV, TB & Malaria programs
- Strong analytical and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent written and spoken communications skills in English.
- Strong skills in using word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation software (Microsoft Office applications preferred).
- Experience using web-based applications (email, browsing, and literature retrieval).
- Leadership experience in management of public health programmes and relationship with state government and civil society networks at leadership strategic level.
- Strong leadership competencies in both the mobilization of teams on one hand; the design, development and mainstreaming of new processes or procedures, on the other hand.
- Experience at organizing and facilitating systems strengthening, capacity development and mentoring processes
- Ability to lead and guide strategy development with the State Ministry of Health (SMOH) and Civil Society networks, manage technical implementation of proposed project initiatives, as well as ability to supervise, mentor and coach project and government staff.
- Strong IT, administrative and data analysis skills
- Excellent inter-personal skills as well as working well within a team environment
- Certification on Data Management & Analysis
- Good written & oral communication /presentation skills
- Organizational skills & ability to multitask
- Two months (with the possibility of an extension)
- Number of consultants required: One in each state. Consultant to be resident in state of application.
While submitting the Technical Proposal, the Applicant shall, in particular, ensure to attach the following:
- Profile of the consultant (max 1 page) explaining why they are the most suitable for the work.
- Copies of all certificates for all qualifications indicated in the CV.
- Relevant Experience and relevant supporting document.
- Detailed methodology and conceptual framework with expected deliverables and timelines, man days required (3-5 pages).
- Recent CV and Cover letter. Any submission without cover letter will not be treated.
- The financial proposal shall specify a total lump sum amount (including a breakdown of costs for fee, travel and number of working days). Payments will be made in installments based upon key outputs/deliveries (mentioned under payment schedule above).
Global Fund Code of Conduct:
- You shall get acquainted with the global fund code of conduct for suppliers using this link below: https://www.theglobalfund.org/media/3275/corporate_codeofconductforsuppliers_policy_en.pdf accepting this invitation shall serve as an acknowledgement and agreement to abide by the Global Fund Code of Conduct for Suppliers.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed Proposal in English Language and submitted in three (3) hard copies each (one original & two copies) of the requested documents and proposal. The documents shall then be enclosed and sealed in one (1) single outer envelope, and clearly marked at the topmost right corner “Engagement of State Consultants” with the Name, Address, Email and Phone Number of the Consultant boldly written at the back of the envelope and registration of the bids at the Procurement Office and sent to the address below:
National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA),
Ground Floor, Room 1.08,
No. 3 Zinguinchor Street, Beside AEDC Office,
Wuse Zone 4, Abuja.
Notes / Disclaimer
- Late submissions will not be accepted.
- NACA shall verify any or all documents and claims made by applicants and will disqualify consultants with falsified documents and claims.
- If it is determined that submitted documents and claims have been falsified, the consultant may face prosecution in a court of Law.
- NACA shall not be held responsible for any disqualified proposal as a result of any omission or deletion relating to the submission guidelines.
- This advertisement shall not be construe a contract to any Consultant, nor shall it entitle any Consultant submitting documents to claim any indemnity from NACA.
- NACA is not bound to shortlist any Consultant and reserves the right to annul the bidding process at any time without incurring any liabilities or providing reason.
Application Deadline 12:00 PM; 1st July, 2022.