Nigerian Exchange Group (NGX Group) Job Recruitment – This is to announce the current job recruitment for all interested candidates who qualify. Kindly apply below
Nigerian Exchange Group (NGX Group) is a leading financial market infrastructure provider in Africa, connecting Nigeria, Africa and the world.
We are recruiting to fill the following positions below:
Job Title: Product Specialist, ETPs & Indices
- The Product Specialist, ETPs & Indices will support the review /creation of ETPs & Index frameworks for the scope of work, proposals, and research and business cases.
- S/he will support all functions pertaining to ETPs and Index product line with the overall goal of ensuring that products are appropriately priced, positioned, promoted, and supported in a way that will increase order flow as measured by the number of transactions, trading volume, and value in line with the overall goals of the product management department and will have responsibility for margins made on ETPs & Index Product line.
- The Product Specialist will assist as the “Product Advocate” by proactively disseminating related information while communicating the product message. S/he is expected to stay abreast of the competitive landscape and industry trends (utilising internal and external data/information resources) to support the creation of a competitive platform that enables stakeholders realise their investment objectives.
- The Product Specialist will support the drive of ETPs & Index product lines and ensure the success of these programmes by developing and maintaining relationships with market participants and relevant external and internal stakeholders.
- S/he will assist to obtain and maintain knowledge of products client business, set up and attend stakeholder visits and conduct stakeholder presentations.
- The position is situated in Nigeria with a global focus to cover both local and international buy and sell-side participants. This position reports to the Product Manager, ETPs & Indices.
- Support the Product Manager to liaise with fund experts to consistently develop and manage an array of offerings under ETPs & Index products lines to meet the needs of the investing community and assimilate market feedback into new product development and positioning of existing Indices.
- Assist to define Nigerian Exchange’s growth strategy and execution plan for the ETPs & Index product line to drive product sales & profitability.
- Perform research and support data analysis, such as trend and behaviour analysis related to the financial services industry and ETPs & Index product development in general. Using the outcome of analysis and research, underpin recommendations for creating, developing, maintaining, and enhancing NGX ETPs & Index Market product.
- Support the design and implementation of new ETPs & Indices.
- Product initiatives: Draft relevant documentation, perform analysis, research and carry-out appropriate planning with cross-market collaboration in mind, when relevant.
- Support the coordination of activities of ETPs & Index liquidity providers to appropriate their functions in promoting liquidity and market efficiency.
- Support the enhancement of the market micro-structure (in areas such as transaction fees, ETPs & Index licensing fees) to increase product profitability.
- Assist to advocate transparency of Indices listed on Nigerian Exchange by ensuring they observe documentation requirements in terms of structure, exposures and fair value at all times.
- Support the Product Manager to liaise with ETPs & Index providers covering the Nigerian market or NGX index committee to ensure the providers meet a strong market demand for new and innovative ETPs & indices to support products across the asset class.
- Support the drive for performance i.e. turnover & margins of Indices trading on NGX Exchange.
- Work with the Product Manager to liaise with the Market Operations and Technology Division to ensure system compatibility with market structure enhancements in support of the ETPs & Index product line and other business partners as necessary.
- Support the creation, review, and amendment of ETPs & Index trading rules as necessary, to promote fair and orderly trading in Indices.
- Manage key relationships with other stakeholders, Broker-Dealers, Market Makers, Institutional Investors (PFAs, CPFAs, Insurance companies, managed funds, portfolio managers, etc.), and other trading participants locally and internationally.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of a broad knowledge and awareness of trading industry developments, competitors, regulators, rules that impact ETPs & Index trading.
- Assist to proactively disseminate investment and product resources to other areas of the organization in order to educate and train Internal/External stakeholders on Product attributes and new initiatives.
- Assist to coordinate and operate investor education in partnership with other stakeholders.
- Work with Product Managers in developing business plans to achieve company revenue goals.
- Analyse competitive marketplace and industry trends to accordingly develop business strategies for revenue generation.
- Obtain customer/client feedback and suggest appropriate product revisions.
- Recommend product enhancements and updates to identify new business opportunities.
- Work with the business team to identify new customers and to retain existing customers.
- Maintain complete documentation for all product-related activities.
Research/Policy Development And Standard Operating Procedures:
- Periodically updating ETPs & Index.
- Market policy, guidelines and Standard Operating Procedure (SOP).
- Conduct regular research and liaising with professionals across various industries to ensure best practices for ETPs & Index Market are practiced in the organisation.
- Understand drivers of Indices order flow to Nigerian Exchange.
- Support the Product Manager to coordinate and partner with the other product development team members in conjunction with other stakeholders, to design and price products, identify and address key issues that must be resolved before a successful product launch occurs.
- Serve as gatekeeper, ambassador, and product line expert to internal/external parties.
- Research new product ideas in conjunction with institutional/wholesale distribution and marketing firms to determine success potentials and uniqueness within the industry.
- Monitor/interpret product pricing trends and recommend appropriate strategies.
- Understand product profitability goals and provide inputs to appropriate financial areas.
- Assist in driving the development process once a new product has been approved by all functional areas.
- Support the Listing Sales and Retention team in marketing on an on-going and proactive basis with respect to product positioning and communication strategies.
- Continuously monitor industry trends and the competitive environment; recommend initiatives to strengthen market position.
- Assist in the preparation of presentations for ExCo and other key stakeholders.
- P & L responsibilities for ETPs & Index products.
To successfully deliver the above goals, the right candidate must have:
- Minimum of HND / BSc in quantitative or business related areas.
- A post graduate degree (MSc or MBA) or professional certification and licenses (e.g. CIS, CFA, will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 7 years’ post NYSC experience in financial services industry or in an investment product management/marketing role, distribution-related role.
Desired Competencies And Skill Requirements:
- Expertise in ETPs & Index creation and investment strategies and ability to research market events that affect Indices.
- In-depth technical understanding of product features, market structure, and regulations that impact Indices.
- Relevant experience in trading, sale-trading, sales.
- Solid knowledge of electronic trading, algorithmic trading, or high-frequency trading.
- Good understanding of market quality statistics and best execution principles.
- Knowledge of order flow drivers and the ecosystem around the entire order life cycle.
- Good working knowledge of the asset allocation process, risk management, and leveraging strategies as they relate to the client investment experience.
- Experience with multiple investment products and asset classes with specific expertise in Indices.
- Knowledge of the mutual fund, retirement funds, and investment management business.
- Good working knowledge of institutional and wholesale distribution channels.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Reuters & Bloomberg platforms.
- Leadership qualities as well as the ability to be a team player.
- Strategic planning and analytical skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking abilities.
- Ability to function in a high-pressure environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Thoroughness, attention to detail with a high sense of purpose.
- Possess excellent analytical, strategic planning and Problem solving skills.
- Commercially aware, with a strong interest in finance, business and the factors that drive business success.
- Intellectually curious, hard-working, committed self-starter with initiative.
- Strong team player who can work within a matrix organisation with functional and local reporting.
- Ability to see the “big picture” from a marketing, positioning and industry perspective.
- Engenders trust and is a reliable resource to internal customers.
- Consulting experience in financial services within product development or investment management discipline will be a distinct advantage.
Application Closing Date
Interested and qualified candidates should send an updated Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “NGX Recruitment- Product Specialist, ETPs & Indices” as the subject of the mail.
Job Title: Executive Assistant & Support Service Liaison
About the Job
- The job holder is responsible for providing high-level administrative support to the Divisional Head’s (DH’s) office by preparing reports, handling information requests, and performing clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls, efficient filing system, and scheduling meetings.
- The job holder is also responsible for supporting the DH in the coordination, monitoring, and facilitation of shared services provided and received by NGX Ltd. This entails, amongst other things, preparation and making of presentations, management of escalations, monitoring and maintaining quality of service levels, facilitating efficiency through automation, and preparing and reviewing process and procedure documents and service level documents. This position reports to the DH, Business Support Services.
Arranging & Managing Meetings:
- Coordinate regular and irregular meetings.
- Collate and distribute papers prior to meetings.
- Ensure that all materials for meetings are prepared in a timely manner.
- Accurate dictation and note-taking at meetings as required.
- Ensure that minutes of Management Meetings are taken and written up and dispatched by the end of the same week.
- Produce and distribute minutes.
- Arrange refreshments for meetings (where applicable).
- Responsible for managing diaries for meeting schedules.
- Arrange meetings and keep diaries constantly up-to-date.
- Ensure that any appointments requested are noted in the diary provisionally and checked with DH before confirming.
- Liaise with protocol to ensure all flights and hotel accommodation are arranged for all local and international trips.
- Implement and maintain an efficient filing system.
- To be the first point of contact for visitors and provide refreshments as and when required.
- Ensure the maintenance of a working environment that yields productivity and furnishes essential office supplies.
- Monitor DH’s office operations.
- Schedule appointments and meetings for the DH with Executive Committee members, Senior Managers, and employees.
- Serve as the go-to for office enquiries.
- Track office supply inventory.
Post & E-Mails:
- Manage e-mail inflows.
- Regularly review e-mails, forwarding and bringing them to the attention of DH as appropriate.
- Deal with correspondence and emails quickly and efficiently where appropriate and to a high standard.
- Maintain and manage client’s contacts list.
- Manage employee appointments for DH.
- Maintain and manage any other key contacts required of the Personal Assistant.
- Keep track of deliverables arising from projects in the Divisional Head’s office.
- Perform additional duties as directed.
- Facilitate meetings, cooperation and effective communication among applicable departments, teams and Affiliates providing/ receiving shared services.
- Maintain and manage applicable records/ documents relating to shared services.
- Track and monitor the performance of the shared services for optimal efficiency.
- Prepare/ review/ compile and present shared services reports, as required.
- Collect, analyse, and utilise data and feedback to identify opportunities to improve the relationship among stakeholders.
- Proactively resolve conflicts and address issues or complaints arising in respect of the services.
To successfully deliver the above goals, the right candidate must have:
- A minimum of HND/Bachelor’s degree from a recognised institution.
- Minimum of 3 years post qualification experience in a Secretarial / Administrative role.
- Membership of a professional body is an advantage e.g. ICSAN.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Desired Competencies and Skill Requirements:
- Excellent calendar management skills, including the coordination of complex executive meetings.
- Excellent presentation skills together with the ability to think on your feet.
- Expert-level written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong decision making ability and attention to detail.
- Strong organisational skills
- The ability to interact with staff (at all levels) in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, agile, proactive, resourceful, and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality is crucial to this role.
- Excellent innovation and creativity skills.
- Information gathering and information skills.
Application Closing Date
Interested and qualified candidates should send an updated Resume to: email@example.com using “NGX Recruitment – Executive Assistant & Support Service Liaison” as the subject of the mail.