Nuru Nigeria Job Recruitment for Program Assistant – This is to tell everyone about the current job recruitment open to persons who meet the criteria. Interested persons may kindly apply below
Nuru Nigeria is a local NGO with affiliates in the US, Kenya and Ethiopia, and is starting up operations in Nigeria. The mission is to end extreme poverty in remote rural communities. Nuru’s first involvement in Nigeria was established in 2017 and began work in 2018 in Adamawa State, Nigeria with the creation of Nuru Nigeria. The long-term goal of Nuru Nigeria is the establishment of a locally led, self-sustainable, Nigerian NGO which will continue to work with local rural communities indefinitely.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Assistant
Location: Michika LGA, Adamawa
Career Level: Entry Level
Terms and conditions: The appointment will be for a 6 Months Period with possible
renewable based on funding and performance
Start Date: July 2022
- The program assistant will support the coordination and implementation of impact programs activities.
- She/he will focus on market systems, value chains, financial inclusion, climate smart agriculture and also support in the implementation of other impact programs intervention.
- While working with partner farmers to coordinate and implement impact programs, she/he shall ensure integration and promotion of do-no- harm principles, conflict sensitivity, social cohesion and trust building, trauma awareness and inclusivity.
- She/he will have a strong understanding and experience in agriculture marketing system, innovative agriculture techniques, value chain approach and significant experience working in multi-sector activities as well as knowledge and experience in sustainable rural livelihoods, food security, IGA, livestock production, value chains and nutrition- sensitive agriculture.
- The Program Assistant will support the impact team to effectively and efficiently implement impact programs in a sustainable and transparent way. He/she will work in close collaboration with the leadership and M&E teams in implementing all impact programs
- Actively Support the implementation of all impact programs in an effective and efficient fashion with focus on Nuru’s vision and strategic objectives
- Ensures interventions are effectively integrated and that the team works together to optimize integrated impact
- Coordinate with the leadership team to train and develop the capacity of farmer associations and farmer organization (FO) and their members on best agronomic and animal husbandry practices, agribusiness and income generation towards a resilience, prosperity and sustainability
- Work very closely with leaders of the farmer associations and farmer organization to develop their capacities, promote social cohesion and learning and adoption of best practices among the farmers
- Maintain successful relationships with farmer association and farmer organization leaders and members, partner agencies, community leaders, and other key stakeholders in the host community while working in the field
- Ensure all intervention areas are helping the rural community realize sustainable meaningful choices in order to lift themselves out of extreme poverty in a sustainable way
- Work with the Nuru Nigeria Monitoring & Evaluation to ensure that interventions are effectively monitored and evaluated in order to assess progress, increase impact, and guide scaling decisions
- Collaborate with Nuru Nigeria leadership team to build and strengthen the capacity of farmer associations/ organization and their leaders towards sustainability
- Exemplify the servant leadership philosophy of Nuru Nigeria and work with other team members to build company culture around a service and farmer-first mentality
- Provide regular field reports, capturing activities progress, lessons learned as well as general situation and community updates and needs
- Proper record and document lessons learned and success stories on all impact program areas
- Identify learning and training needs for farmers as well as challenges among the farmer associations and communicate this to the Agricultural Extension and
- Training Coordinator
- Foster organizational development, promote Nuru’s values and servant leadership culture, promote accountability and high performance, and encourage team creativity and innovation.
- Assist in the facilitation of FA community meetings, trainings and other engagements as required by the program
- Perform any other tasks that may be assigned/instructed by the supervisor.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in General Agriculture, Animal Husbandry, Agricultural Economics, Agriculture Extension, Rural Livelihoods etc.
- Minimum of 1 year working experience in relevant fields with a local or international NGO
- Experience in agricultural extension services
- Experience working with farmer associations/ farmers organizations
- Experience and comfortable working in rural areas and with rural people, having low literacy level
- Sustainable agriculture production and natural resource management knowledge
- Proficient in computer skills (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Google Drive & Applications, Internet etc.)
- Multi-tasking and problem solving abilities
- Dedication, commitment with integrity
- High motivation for improvement and ability to deliver in a challenging environment
- Excellent Written and spoken English Language
- Proficient in local languages such as Hausa, Higgi/Kamwe or Margi.
- Excellent presentation skills, and capacity to deliver appropriate and relevant trainings to a target audience
- Very good communication, analytical and reporting skills
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural, cross-functional environment and across departments
- Ability to work independently and under pressure in a responsible manner
Nuru Nigeria Offers
- Salary is competitive depending on qualifications, skills and experience.
- Positive atmosphere of dynamism and motivated team setting.
- Atmosphere of a forefront professional and flexible NGO with a unique new development approach.
- Annual, Maternity and Paternity leave benefits.
- Life Insurance covering accident, disability and related benefits
- Health Insurance covering employee and family.
- Pension benefits.
- Atmosphere of diversity committed to providing equal employment opportunity, forbidding discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national or ethnic origin, age and differently able, with respect to policies and visions.
- Transport costs and communication allowance.
- 13th Month Salary
- Training and capacity building program and intensive mentorship by expat team.
- Other Labor best practices apply.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Non-discriminatory Employment Clause
- Applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of ethnicity, colour, gender, religion, socio-economic status, age, disability or health status.
- The management of Nuru Nigeria reserves the right to verify all of the applicant’s information and conduct background checks on shortlisted candidates including reaching out to his/her previous employer.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
- Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 27th May, 2022.