Palladium Group recruitment for Grants Administrator – This is to inform the entire public about the current job recruitment for qualified candidates. Interested persons can apply below
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Grants Administrator, Mobile for Humanitarian Innovation
Job ID: req13249
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
- Palladium is tendering for contract to provide grants management support services to GSMA Mobile for Development Foundation, Inc.
- Specifically, Palladium will provide support services to the GSMA Mobile for Humanitarian Innovation (M4H) programme. M4H works to accelerate the delivery and impact of digital humanitarian assistance.
- This is achieved by building a learning and research agenda to inform the future of digital humanitarian response, catalysing partnerships, and innovation for new digital humanitarian services, advocating for enabling policy environments, monitoring and evaluating performance, disseminating insights and profiling achievements.
- Palladium will be supporting the client’s team to manage the full lifecycle of the fund, with a strong focus on managing risk at every stage of the process.
- Within the project, the client is planning to run 3 grant rounds.
About the Job
- The GSMA is a global organisation unifying the mobile ecosystem to discover, develop and deliver innovation foundational to positive business environments and societal change.
- Our vision is to unlock the full power of connectivity so that people, industry, and society thrive. Representing mobile operators and organisations across the mobile ecosystem and adjacent industries, the GSMA delivers for its members across three broad pillars: Connectivity for Good, Industry Services and Solutions, and Outreach through the provision of the world’s largest platform to convene the mobile ecosystem at the MWC and M360 series of events.
- GSMA Mobile for Development (M4D) is a dedicated global team within the GSMA that brings together our mobile operator members, tech innovators, the development community, and governments.
- Singularly positioned at the intersection of the mobile ecosystem and the development sector, the M4D team stimulates digital innovation to deliver both sustainable business and large-scale socio-economic and climate impact for the underserved.
- The team identifies opportunities and provides support for innovations in digital inclusion, financial inclusion, gender equality, agriculture, essential urban services, humanitarian and climate resilience and adaptation.
- We are looking for a dedicated individual to join our team, working with the Grants Lead and Grants Manager in the oversight, management and administration of all funded grants.
- This will involve financial, communication and compliance management.
- You will be responsible for supporting the delivery of Palladium’s responsibilities in the grant cycle, outlined in the Scope of Work in the Head Contract.
- Specific deliverables are listed below, framed around the agreed steps in the grant cycle.
- It is to be noted that these are not exhaustive and may evolve with the delivery of the project.
- Act as the first point of contact for applicants, managing all communication (confirmation receipt, notify successful and unsuccessful applicants).
- Work in collaboration with the Grants Team (comprised of a Grants Lead, Grants Manager and other officers) throughout the grant implementation to perform Due Diligence on potential grantees such that the team can take the necessary care, attention and discretion prior signing grant agreements and during the implementation. These include:
- Ensuring adequate and transparent governance structures, and robust and reliable financial internal controls.
- Assessing the capacity of grantees and subcontractors to effectively implement actions to strengthen their administrative and financial management systems.
- Performing spot check visits and compile visit reports.
- Identifying projects in extreme risk markets that require enhanced due diligence.
- Collating and verifying all documents received (e.g. references, background checks, etc.)
- Confirming eligibility of grantees. Perform formal evaluation of each application.
- Review all proposed budgets and project activities during the proposal stage to assess each applicant’s capacity to utilise budgets in the project time frame and ensure that all budgets are compliant with the guidelines set for the round.
- Review final work plans, evidence requirements and budgets with successful applicants, taking into account any conditions imposed by the Panel.
- Contribute to and prepare the grant allocation, disbursements, and forecast schedules, as required. (the GSMA will be responsible for processing payment to grantees).
- Contribute to training all grantees on the grant reporting requirements and the use of the reporting templates.
- Obtain and review evidence submitted by grantees as proof of milestone achievement.
- Contribute to identifying risks and maintaining a risk dashboard at portfolio level highlighting potential risks and issues and mitigation plans for each grant.
- Support in coordinating monthly portfolio review meeting with GSMA team and provide updates including on the risk dashboard.
- Review of grant reports to ensure accuracy and completion of activities and KPIs against proposals, timelines and project plans, and request additional information if necessary.
- Contribute to the provision and maintenance of portfolio level report per round with analysis on the financial status of each grantee, project progress, and highlighting potential risks (including delays) to the GSMA.
- Maintain relevant filing for key documents. Archive all grant-related documents and share with the GSMA
- Collect end of grant reports (project and financial).
- Work with team members in the preparation and completion of financial audits as required.
- Write overall assessment of the grant; provide feedback to grantees.
- Ensure that goods and services are purchased by each grantee according to Palladium Procurement policy and guidelines.
- Develop and manage strong working relationships with the project’s contact points at GSMA, project partners and other stakeholders.
- Represent the project both with the client, and external audiences as needed
- Develop strong working relationships and a regular dialogue on project progress and challenges with the Palladium team working on the project
- Provide necessary training, capacity building and information to grantees to enable compliance with the financial accounting, reporting and procurement requirements of their funding agreements.
- Performing any other duties reasonably required by the Grants Manager
Qualifications and Requirements
- Recent experience in a grants/funding or international development role
- Fluency in French is desirable but not a requirement.
- Interest in International Development and/or Digital Technology Development would be an advantage
- Knowledge of FCDO contracting regulations, contract procedures and reporting requirements would be an advantage
- Confident working with IT systems, including databases and Microsoft Excel.
- Demonstrated financial acumen and experience with budget or project management
- Strong attention to detail and diligent approach to compliance matters
- Experience supporting Managers and Senior Managers in project delivery
- A positive team work ethic, and supportive attitude
- Experience communicating with different audiences/stakeholders.
- Fluency in English is essential.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- This role can be located either in the United Kingdom or Nigeria.
- The Palladium team on this project are based in offices near Bristol, UK and in Abuja, Nigeria.
- We are open to remote working circumstances, but you must be able to travel to the nearest office on an agreed regular basis.
- Please note that we are unable to sponsor visa applications for the UK or Nigeria.