Plan International Recruitment for Counter Fraud Unit Specialist – This is to announce the current job recruitment for suitably qualified persons. Interested persons may apply using the link
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisatin that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Counter Fraud Unit Specialist – West and Central Africa
Type of Role: Fixed Term Contract
Reports to: Head of Counter Fraud
- Global Assurance is part of Plan International’s governance framework and was established to provide independent, objective assurance and consulting services designed to add value and improve Plan International’s operations. It helps Plan International accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluating and enhancing the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
- The Counter Fraud Unit is part of the Global Assurance department, in charge of managing fraud investigations and providing advisory services to improve Plan International’s internal controls regarding fraud risk management.
- This role will support the Head of Counter Fraud in establishing frameworks to reduce the risk of loss of funds and resources from fraud, corruption, mismanagement and criminal activity. In doing so, reputational risk will be minimised and sponsors and donors continue to regard Plan International as a well-managed, ethical and accountable organisation.
Dimensions of the Role
- Although based in the Plan International West and Central Africa Region, the role is global in nature, and the postholder can expect to be deployed on assignments to any of the countries in which Plan operates. The position reports to the Head of Counter Fraud based in Plan International Global Hub.
- The post has no direct reports but will manage staff such as investigators and fraud faculty members when assigned for specific activities.
- Provides regional and country management team with advice, guidance and support on counter fraud.
- Works with Plan Country Offices, Regional Hubs and National Organisations.
- Networks with counter fraud professionals in other INGOs
Supports the counter-fraud framework through promoting best practice:
- Provides training on fraud awareness, prevention and investigation to all PII and NO staff and implementing partners.
- Under the tutelage of the Head of Counter Fraud, leads and guides members of the fraud faculty (a network of staff in other roles who have an additional focus on counter fraud)
Provides investigatory services to Plan globally:
- Undertakes, supervises, supports and reviews fraud investigations when assigned
- Assists in loss recovery actions
Supports the counter fraud framework through systems improvement and analysis:
- Providing advisory services on internal control systems for managing fraud and making recommendations for change and improvement on country, regional and global policies and procedures.
- Analyses fraud cases and reviews procedures to mitigate the risk
- Supports fraud reporting and monitoring mechanisms across Plan
- Produces reports as required by the Head of Counter Fraud and makes recommendations for change
Dealing with problems:
- Collaborates with other governance, risk and compliance resources to contribute to building a culture of zero tolerance for fraud and corruption.
- Works with internal teams to ensure early indications of potential issues are identified
- Owns resolutions to problems working within agreed timeframes
- Liaises closely with other risk and control-related staff across Plan
- Communicates at all levels within Plan (Global, regional, country and program area level)
- Ability to communicate within a multicultural organisation, recognising legal, cultural and ethnic variations and practices
- Regional Leadership Teams
- All Country Directors
- Wider GA Team
- Fraud Faculty members
- Global Hub and Regional Hub specialized teams (e.g., Safeguarding, Security, Programs)
- All levels within Plan (Global, regional, country and program area level) for investigation, training and advisory services
External to PII:
- Implementing partners
- Program participants
- Professional bodies, e.g. lawyers, law enforcement agencies
- Other NGO · Donors
Technical Expertise, Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrable knowledge in the field of counter fraud
- Awareness of current best practices in investigation techniques
- Awareness of global standards and legislation around fraud and corruption
- Understanding of the role and approaches of the international development sector
- Ability to navigate systems and platforms
- Excellent investigative ability with a proven track record
- Experience in crime/loss prevention
- Analytical skills
- Leadership abilities
- Good oral and written communication skills, including report writing
- Can manage investigators
- Able to offer practical solutions to management to help resolve incidents, including in crises
- Perseverance, resilience and tenacity
- Ability to multi-task to handle multiple investigations and other counter-fraud-related work
- A high standard of both written and spoken English. French and Spanish languages an additional advantage.
- High-level of integrity and strong-willed
- Preserves confidentiality
- Ability to work in partnership with others both internally and externally
- Flexibility of approach, ensuring application of skills is relevant to situation and context
- Adapts well to different environments and situations
- Cross-culturally agile and gender-sensitive
- Aware of impact on others and uses impact to create a positive working environment
- Commitment to development and humanitarian values and standards, and child safeguarding
- French/Spanish or another language (s) an advantage
- A recognised qualification in fraud investigation (e.g. ACFE) would be an advantage, although not essential if the post holder has relevant experience
Application Closing Date
22nd August, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the very heart of everything that Plan International stands for.
- We want Plan International to reflect the diversity of the communities we work with, offering equal opportunities to everyone regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
- Plan International is based on a culture of inclusivity and we strive to create a workplace environment that ensures every team, in every office, in every country, is rich in diverse people, thoughts, and ideas.
- We foster an organisational culture that embraces our commitment to racial justice, gender equality, girls’ rights and inclusion.
- Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we, as an organisation, do everything we can to keep children safe. This means that we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with and we must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk.
- A range of pre-employment checks will be undertaken in conformity with Plan International’s Safeguarding Children and Young People policy. Plan International also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this scheme we will request information from applicants previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms their understanding of these recruitment procedures.
- Abuja Electricity Distribution Company (AEDC Plc) Job Recruitment
- Deep Water Alliance job Recruitment for Electro-Hydrualic Technician
- Adron Homes and Properties Limited Job Recruitment
How to be updated regularly
Kindly subscribe to the site using your Email address for more updates for FREE
- Subscribe to the site www.celebidentity.com using your Email address. Subscription is totally FREE
- LIKE our Facebook page for direct updates
- FOLLOW our Twitter News Handle for updates
- In case of any issue or challenge or questions, Click Here
Celebidentity.com is a job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants.
Celebidentity.com is not an agent of this organization, we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
Celebidentity admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of any kind or request for any OTP code.
Our services are absolutely free of charge.
Beware of fraudsters.