Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) Job Recruitment for Logistics & Admin Assistant – This is to inform everyone about the current job recruitment for qualified candidates. Interested persons may kindly apply via the link below
Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
PUI has been implementing humanitarian activities in Nigeria since April 2016, supporting population with food security, nutrition, health and protection project in Maiduguri and Borno State.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics & Admin Assistant
Locations: Pulka, Borno
Nationality: Nigeria Nationals Only
Number of Position: 01
Duration of Contract: 10 Months (with possible extension)
Starting date: ASAP
- Under the supervision of the Logistics and Security Liaison Officer, the Logistics & Admin Assistant performs or oversees repair/maintenance/building work within agreed deadlines.
- S/he will be responsible for the smooth running and prevention of the break down/deterioration of PUI equipment/installations/facilities, and for collecting, recording and archiving all related documents concerning procurement.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Codify all PUI equipment according to PUI procedures
- Locate every equipment and check the availability of the equipment on a regular basis (including security equipment)
- Assist the Logistics and Security Liaison Officer in recording all equipment in the Equipment follow-up sheet
- On a regular basis check that all equipment are working properly (water dispenser, printer, scanner…)
- Inform line manager in case of equipment dysfunction
- Control the generators’ fluids and inform his/her line manager in case of any problem
- Ensure the fueling of all generators or assist the guards
- Collect all internal request of stationary items from every department
- Support the Logistics & Security Liaison officer in the supply of stationery items requested to every department
- Inform his direct supervisor in the event of stationery stock replenishment.
- Ensure that all the machine’s paper (printer, scanner) and water dispenser is full
- Assist the Logistics and Security Liaison Officer in the equipment dispatch
- Assist the loading and unloading of goods/materials
- Assist the Logistics and Security Liaison Officer for the follow-up of the rented cars and their pointing
- Ensure all requested cars are in good state and running well
- Ensure the night driver and week-end drivers program are set up correctly
- Assist the Logistics and Security Liaison Officer in PUI’s car movement follow-up
- Hold monthly meeting with the drivers.
- Regularly inspect PUI’s premises to assess what work is necessary
- Inform his/her direct supervisor of any problems or breakdowns noticed in PUI’s premises
- Carry out maintenance and small repairs on PUI’s premises and infrastructures (base, stock, warehouse, health care center, etc.)
- Carry out interventions as indicated by his direct supervisor
- Inform his/her direct supervisor in the event of an incapacity to carry out the work requested which requires the intervention of a worker or specialized technician
- Assist workers or specialized technicians if needed
- Supervise the guards schedules in the premises
- Assist the Logistics and Security Liaison Officer in making sure all premises have security equipment (fire extinguishers, sand buckets…)
- Ensure all doors have spare keys and store in the logistics keys cupboard
- Ensure all wall have barbed wire and maintained in good state
- Collect purchased items from the suppliers stores
- Collect necessary documents from other department regarding procurement process
- Verify and process quote requests and EQRs
- Prepare and archive purchase folders
- Collect information such as prices, administrative information from the suppliers
- Ensure the stock card are always kept updated.
- Carry out monthly physical inventory of items in the stock and update the stock report
- Ensure the stock report are updated and shared with the Logistics and Security Manager on a monthly basis
- The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are non-exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project’s needs.
- Make sure the stock is arranged in such a way that is easy to count and aisles are accessible
- Ensure that all items in the stock are properly stored using pallets or shelves
- Ensure that programs stock have been released before the closure of the project
Priorities of the Department
- Plan, organize, and implement maintenance/repairs as within PUI guidelines
- Supervise and manage the premises/facilities at Pulka
- Implement all repair and building work within agreed deadlines level
- Qualifications & Required Skills
- University Degree (Minimum of B.Sc. or HND) in Logistics, Engineering or any relevant field.
- Certificate in electricity, carpentry or plumbing or any other professional qualification is an added advantage.
- A previous experience in technical work (carpentry, electricity or plumbing) is mandatory.
- Previous experience in procurement and previous experience in NGO are an asset.
- 1 year minimum of previous relevant experience in a logistics function and preferably in an NGO.
- English / Hausa
- Very good knowledge in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Teams, SharePoint, etc.)
Knowledge and skills:
- Commitment to the NGO values and principles
- Good health and physical condition
- Diplomatic and open-minded
- Stress Management
- Ability to work independently while taking initiatives and showing a sense of responsibility
- Ability to withstand pressure and volatile environment
- Sense of diplomacy
- Capacity to adapt and organizational flexibility
- Ability to represent the activities and mandate of PUI before local authorities and suppliers
- Ability to work with different partners in a spirit of openness, and with adaptable communications strategies.
- Organization, rigor and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work and manage affairs professionally, and with maturity
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Female applicants especially from Pulka, Gwoza LGA are strongly encouraged to apply
Application deadline 15th June, 2022.