Pride of Womanhood Empowerment Initiative (POWEI) Job Recruitment 2022 – We wish to inform the entire public about the job recruitment in Pride of Womanhood Empowerment Initiative. Kindly apply below
Pride of Womanhood Empowerment Initiative (POWEI) is a female-led non–profit organization with the goal of ensuring self-reliance, empowerment, and healthy living for vulnerable women and their children. POWEI is currently providing remote qualitative and comprehensive services for Female Sex Workers (FSWs) and children of positive FSWs in more than 8 LGAs within Akwa Ibom state.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Manager
Location: Uyo, Akwa Ibom
Employment Type: Full-time
- To support POWEI’s projects by ensuring she maintains a high standard of accounting and financial control and ensures that financial procedures are adhered to and that non-compliance is challenged and corrected
- To process the daily, monthly financial information for the organization and to assist with the management and administration of finance / administration duties within all programs.
- Ensure supporting documentation for payments is complete and correct in accordance with Organization’s and Donor’s financial procedures.
- Solely responsible for the custody and preparation of checks for payments after due approval has been obtained from the Executive Director.
- Maintain a reliable and effective finance record-filing system.
- Proactively monitor the balance on the bank account
- Manage POWEI’s Field Office bank and cash accounts:
- Act as point of contact for day-to-day matters with financial service providers.
- Remittance of all taxes and staff pensions in a timely manner
- Act as the Human Resource Officer of the organization.
- Timely reconciliation of accounts and follow-up with any discrepancies.
- Support the team by ensuring payments in the field are anticipated, made in a timely manner, and with safety in mind.
- Ensure all compliance checklists regarding all transactions.
- Ensure that all incomes and receipts are properly documented, e.g. by an invoice or receipt.
- Follow up to ensure that income projections agreed by donors are properly followed through.
- Ensure that advances to Field Officers are duly retired with proper documentation on a monthly basis.
Qualifications and Requirements
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or competency required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree / HND in Accounting, Finance, or closely related field.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in accounting related to NGOs and community level programs.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Independent judgment and discretion in completing assignments, seeking approval as appropriate.
- Familiarity with USAID-funded programs and non-governmental organizations in Nigeria.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision, to be able to accept and discharge substantial responsibilities, prioritize work assignments, meet deadlines, and exercise professional judgment.
- Time Management – Ability to prioritize tasks, manage time, and complete projects in a fast-paced, changing environment with minimal supervision.
- Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Cultural Sensitivity – Respects the cultural environment in which a person is working and does not act in a manner that is outwardly offensive to the local community.
- Non-discriminatory- Does not discriminate against persons based on sexual orientation or gender identity, age, preferred jobs, or behavioral habits.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Knowledge of Local Language preferred.
- Demonstrated competency in public speaking.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, Outlook/Exchange, Windows operating systems, PowerPoint.
- Other software routinely used by POWEI.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and a One-page Cover Letter with 3 professional references (name, company, email, and phone number) to: email@example.com using the Job Title and their Full Name as the subject of the mail.
- Candidates must be available for immediate employment.
- Please do NOT contact the listed email address with other enquiries.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Friday, 8th April, 2022.
15th April, 2022.