PZ Cussons Nigeria Plc Job Recruitment for Plant Hygienist / Microbiologist – There is an ongoing job recruitment for qualified persons who are interested. Kindly apply below
PZ Cussons is a dynamic consumer products group and innovator of some of the world’s best known and loved brands. Calling on over 130 years of expertise, we operate internationally in carefully selected developed and emerging markets that present the greatest strategic potential for future growth. Our world-class supply chain and distribution networks enable us to meet our global consumer needs and deliver quality brands that add value and enhance everyday lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Plant Hygienist / Microbiologist
Reference ID: JR000142
Location: Ikorodu, Lagos
Employment Type: Full Time
Department: Technical Department
Why does the job exist?
- Provides the technical expertise and leadership necessary to establish and maintain procedures in tracking environment, equipment, and personnel cleaning & sanitization processes.
- Enforces and trains employees on the PZW Hygienic Design
- Guidelines/checklist and GMP Polices.
- Analyses, monitoring and reporting of microbiological and Chemical trends of water, margarine products, intermediate, raw materials, CIP and the environment as applicable and to drive improvement initiatives.
- Turnover of unit
- Budget responsibility
- Team Size
- Turnover (NNS) of £XXm
- OP of £XXm
- NWC of X%
- Total department headcount is XX of whom X are direct reports
- The key outputs of the job
- List in priority order if possible, typically 8-10
- NOT a task list
- Any requirement for organizing & planning including own work and the allocation of resources
- Typical decisions made and if they are advisory or directly responsible for the outcome.
- Ensure timely analysis of sample to prevent production loss time and waste.
- To make sure equipments are kept clean and to maintain a safe working environment by ensuring the work area is tidy and hazard -free.
- Promptly document and communicate all analysis results to QA Manager and production.
- Ensure that reagents are correctly labeled and prepared according to the standard procedures.
- To analyze samples assigned using the group analytical methods and specification follow strictly the spelt out procedure specified for the parameter under analysis at all times.
- Communicate and escalate any hygiene findings that impact production, employees, and inventory status.
- Guide in the cleaning & sanitization procedures and training to ensure hygiene of equipment and utilities.
- Engage with functional stakeholders-Engineering, Manufacturing, HR, Refinery, Admin, e.t.c to define functional Hygiene requirements.
- Micro products testing and reporting, trouble shooting of micro and cross-contamination non-conformities to identify preventive and corrective actions.
- Maintain hygiene program and trend results to drive hygienic improvements.
- Monitor production water quality.
- To log in data of all analysis done in the appropriate book/sheets.
- To take samples of raw and packaging material as instructed by the work instruction.
- Conduct after CIP swap test and environmental microbial analysis for the plant
- Ensure prompt escalation of any food safety related issues to any FSTM and FSTL.
- Promotes product safety and hygiene awareness across the factory contributing to competence development of site professionals.
- Performs Hygiene Audits according to the PZW Hygiene checklist.
- Implement Hygienic requirements across site.
- Identify, control, prevent and resolve microbiological concerns or issues that impact product quality.
EMS, OHSMS and FSSC Responsibilities:
- Implement and comply with EMS/FSSC/OHS requirements relating to environmental aspects and impacts and other policies, procedures and /or regulations applicable to assigned jobs
- Understand the potential consequences of departure from specified OHS procedures or legal requirements.
- Ensure prompt escalation (adequate communication) of any food safety related issues to any FSTM, FSTL and or next line of reporting manager.
- Understand and apply the intent of the EMS/FSSC/OHS policy and requirements to assigned jobs
- Understand roles, responsibilities, and the importance of conformity to the EMS/FSSC/OHS requirements.
- Understand the significant environmental aspects and related actual or potential impacts associated with their work, and the environmental benefits of improved personal performance
- Peer Relationships
- Attach organization chart showing manager and direct reports as well as peers
- Reports to QA Manager
- Peers: Quality Analyst and Laboratory Analyst (Chemical)
Internal & External Relationships:
- Identify the most significant ones
- Attach a preferred suppliers list if available
- Detail which networks the jobholder will be part of e.g. finance, category
- Production team.
- Logistics team.
Qualifications and requirements:
- B.Sc. or HND in Microbiology and Science Laboratory Technology Food would be preferable.
- Computer expertise especially in MS Word, MS Excel and PowerPoint.
- At least 2 years work experience in a similar role.
- Excellent Quantitative Analysis skills.
- Be specific about the experience needed
- Focus on type of experience not the time served
- Explain any special features or context in which the job operates
- Pay attention to minute detail.
- Excellent planning, negotiating, and organizing skills.
- Great physical health.
- Detail any language or mobility requirements
- Ability to grasp complex concepts easily.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply