Save the Children Job Recruitment 2022 Application Process – we are glad to inform the general public that there is an ongoing recruitment for qualified candidates at Save the Children. Interested persons that fulfill the requirements below should kindly apply
Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries. We save children’s lives. We fight for their rights. We help them fulfill their potential. Save the Children is working in Nigeria because one in five children in Nigeria dies before their fifth birthday. About 40% of children miss out on school and have to work to survive while nearly 2 million children have lost one or both parents to an AIDS-related disease.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources and Administration Officer ( Maternity Cover)
Job ID: 220002BH
Location: Damaturu, Yobe
Grade: Nat 4
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Contract Length: 6 months
Post Type: National
Reports to: HR & Admin Manager
Staff directly reporting to this post: HR Assistant
Budget responsibility: None
- The ideal candidates will have regular contact with children or young people and, in the overseas context all posts are considered to be level 3 posts in view of potential situations which may allow staff unsupervised access to vulnerable children and young people.
- To provide professional support and assistance for the development and management of Human Resources functions within the Humanitarian team, for the development and maintenance of policies & procedures, for staff welfare and the promotion of the Child Safeguarding Policy.
- Maintain Updated Personnel files for all staff as well as the staff database
- To provide Admin support to Line Manager to arrange training opportunities for staff
- Ensure that all changes to SC payroll is prepared/updated and ensure that these changes are checked and signed off by HRAM before sending to the Country Office for signing
- Preparation of monthly department report
- Prepare terminal benefit of exiting staff and share with Line Manager for approval
- Participate in the review and improvement of local partners process and structure.
- Assist HR & Admin Manager in the development of annual needs for development / training through the formal performance review process
- Participate in the organisation of trainings as a facilitator.
- Support in researching training opportunities as prioritised by the Humanitarian Management Team or as requested by Supervisor.
- Manage exit process of staff
- Volunteers – Manage the Volunteers database, their training and performance management system.
- Under the supervision of the HRAM, lead in the recruitment of all national positions.
- Respond to enquiry of candidates on recruitment
- Inform Hiring Managers of new staff coming on board
- Develop standard induction pack in line with SCI guideline for new staff
- Create and share with Hiring Managers induction schedule for new staff
- Lead in the recruitment of Volunteers
- Liaise with Hiring Manager on recruitment
- Ensure recruitment is done in line with SCI guidelines and key policy like child safeguarding is uphold during recruitment
- Coordinate and assist in interviewing/recruitment processes:
- Long/Short-listing of candidates
- Assist as part of a panel in interviewing candidates
- Ensure reference checks, criminal record check and all vetting are done in line with SCI guideline for candidate
- Ensure recruitment documents are obtained and arranged in line with SCI guideline for new recruitment
- Prepare contracts and offer letters
- Under the supervision of Line Manager, lead the staff welfare programmes
- Liaise with the CO to register staff with Health Management Organisations (HMO)
- Maintain records of all incident reports
- Provide relevant information necessary for the management of the combined accident and employee compensation and group life insurance cover for staff
- Other – Other ad hoc tasks as requested by Line Manager.
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modeling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
Qualifications and Requirements
- Candidates must possess a Bachelor’s degree / HND in Industrial Relations, Personnel Management, Business Administration or relevant Social Sciences
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience in HR Generalist role.
- Must have completed NYSC.
- Proven capacity of management, leadership and team work
- Strong teamwork skills with the ability to both support colleagues and request support as and when required
- Willingness and capacity to be flexible and accommodating when faced with difficult and frustrating working conditions
- Willingness to travel to the field for work
- Computer literate at high level
- Commitment to Save the Children mission, vision and values
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Demonstrable ability at report writing
- Sound knowledge of HR practices, procedures and administrative systems
- Excellent planning and organisational skills, with proven administrative skills
- Ability to manage competing priorities effectively in a constantly changing environment, meet deadlines and work calmly under pressure
- Strong coordination and time management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a willingness to be respectful, kind, sensitive and empathise with staff and beneficiaries
- Have working knowledge of the local language
- Work experience in an NGO
- Masters / MBA
- Knowledge of HR analytics
- Knowledge of the use of Orale and Taleo
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply
- Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as it is contrary to the values and practices of our organization.
- Due to the volume of applications received, Save the Children may not provide feedback to all applicants. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, as applications will be reviewed as received.
- Save the Children reserves the right to change the closing date, if considered necessary.
5th April, 2022.