Search for Common Ground (SFCG) Job Recruitment – This is to announce to everyone about the ongoing job recruitment for qualified persons. Interested persons may kindly apply below
Search for Common Ground (SFCG) is an international non-profit organization that promotes the peaceful resolution of conflict. With headquarters in Washington, DC and Brussels, Belgium, Search’s mission is to transform how individuals, organizations, and governments deal with conflict – away from destructive approaches towards cooperative solutions. With more than 600 staff worldwide, Search implements projects in more than 30 countries across the globe.
We are inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Psychologist
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
About the Project
- In the past decade, states in the North East region of Nigeria have faced frequent attacks by Boko Haram militants leading to widespread displacement, violations of national laws, international humanitarian and human rights laws, and a deepening humanitarian crisis.
- Children, who are the most vulnerable members of society, have suffered the worst impacts as pre-existing problems of access to social protection, education and healthcare increase, new threats emerge, and the systems to protect children fail.
- This project aims to ensure that children verified and separated from CJTF, and other vulnerable children, receive a comprehensive child protection package including psychosocial support and socio-economic reintegration, and that their communities understand the importance of their separation and reintegration.
- Search will work closely with the children, their families and communities, and CJTF to address the psychosocial and economic needs of the children, and to influence the attitudes of communities and CJTF so they understand the negative impact of associating with armed groups on children and prevent grave violations against children.
- By increasing the resilience of children associated with CJTF and increasing their employability, this project will facilitate lasting reintegration of these children and amplify positive narratives around their role in communities as productive civilian actors and agents for peace.
- Search Nigeria is seeking a Psychologist who will support the direct implementation of the “Supporting the Socio-Economic Reintegration of Children Associated with Armed Groups including the Civilian Joint Task Force in North East Nigeria” program by Providing technical support to protection staff to implement quality psychosocial support (PSS) activities and provide one on one PSS services to beneficiaries needing longer term intervention while coordinating with other service providers to strengthen the referral pathways.
- This role will be responsible for providing specialized non-medical MHPSS services to the beneficiaries and provide technical leadership to the MHPSS program component, under the direction of the Project Manager.
- The Psychologist will work closely with PSS Specialist, under the direct supervision of the Deputy Project Manager.
- DMEL Coordinator, Case Management Coordinator, Senior Community Mobilization Officers, Case management Officer , PSS Officers.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide case by case assessment and recommendations for appropriate treatments for beneficiaries with psychological distress.
- Reviewing and developing the technical materials, tools, guidelines and documents needed for MHPSS in collaboration with the PSS specialist.
- Provide coaching and support to the field staff in the implementation of structured MHPSS activities and ensure standardization across the field locations.
- Carry out all tasks respecting key protection principles, including but not limited to: do no harm, non-discrimination, confidentiality, accountability and need-to-know principles.
- Establish and strengthen referral pathways for MHPSS at the field and Maiduguri level.
- Represent Search in MHPSS working group and other coordination meetings, that maybe assigned by the supervisor.
- Implement the treatment plan of psychological distress cases that are within the threshold for Search.
- Ensure safe documentation and storage of individual cases through ensuring that data protection protocols are respected.
- Train the project staff on PFA, identification, and assessment of people with psychological distress.
- Strengthen community based psychosocial support and peer support group activities through mapping the community-based structures that respond to MHPSS issues and building their capacity
- Work in close collaboration with technical staff (PSS Coordinator, enterprise coordinator, Case management coordinator) in developing the project’s overall MHPSS component.
- University Degree in Psychology.
- Master’s Degree in Clinical Psychology is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience, including at least one year in NGO providing psychotherapy services.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Fluency in English and Hausa (written and spoken) and excellent writing skills
- Other Relevant Requirements
- Highly organized and systematic with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Excellent cross-cultural communication and working skills, enjoys a multicultural work environment.
- High degree of skill in psychological assessment and evaluation.
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel, outlook) Analytical and reporting skills.
- Respect and adherence to protection principles.
- Capacity to work under pressure, flexibility.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Recruitment will be conducted on a rolling basis
31st May, 2022.