Solidarities International Job Recruitment for Deputy Finance Coordinator – This is to inform everyone about the current job recruitment open to qualified individuals who are interested. Kindly go through and click the link below.
Solidarities International is a French humanitarian organization which provides aid and assistance to victims of war or natural disaster. For over 40 years the association has focused on meeting three vital needs – water, food and shelter. SI is present in North-East Nigeria since 2016 and is currently operating in 4 bases across Borno State (Maiduguri, Monguno, Ngala, and Dikwa) with outreach capacities across all BAY States through its emergency component. Currently, SI carries out emergency / post – emergency programs in FSL & WASH sector in North-West Nigeria where limited actors are currently present
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Deputy Finance Coordinator
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full-time
Contract Start Date: Projected contract duration is 12 Months – with possible extension.
- The Deputy Finance Coordinator supports the Finance Coordinator in processing accounting and financial transactions, as well as in all tasks requested.
- He/she is responsible for implementing and monitoring, in close collaboration with the Finance Coordinator, the financial procedures on the different bases.
- The Deputy Finance Coordinator manages the finance team at Coordination level and supervises the Financial / Administrative teams in the bases with the support and under the supervision of the Finance Coordinator.
- He/she manages the cash processes (cash transfer, donor payment…) at mission level under the supervision of the finance coordinator.
- He/she takes on parts of the functions of the finance coordinator in case of absence.
Financial and Budgetary Management:
- Monitor enforcement of finance process implementation at mission level and propose improvement to be validated by the Finance Coordinator
- Lead the monthly budget follow up process for validation of the Finance Coordinator:
- Ensure the cycle is implemented on the mission as per Solidarités International standard
- Prepare monthly forecast of costs managed by Coordination and Coordination costs.
- Consolidate and analyse budget follow up and allocation board at mission level based on base inputs
- Support the Finance Coordinator in the preparation of institutional donor and authorities’ financial documents:
- Draft proposal based on base inputs as per donor or authorities’ requirement.
- Prepare financial reporting as per donor or authorities requirement.
Accountancy Management of the Mission:
- Monitor enforcement of accountancy process implementation at mission level and propose improvement to be validated by the Finance Coordinator
- Overview and provide technical assistance to the team on daily operation
- Follow up SAGA parameters updates and ensure the implementation of the software at mission level
- Validate the monthly accountancy of the mission, report and follow the validation of the pack with HQ:
- Final cross check of the accountancy pack
- Liaison with the HQ and focal point for feedback on HQ cross check
- Oversee the yearly accounting closure preparation for validation of the Finance Coordinator:
- Final cross check of the accountancy of the past year
- Review the annexes and documentation necessary as per Solidarites International standard
- Oversee the accountancy archiving at mission level:
- Ensure that all vouchers are cross checked and in line with Solidarites International standard
- Ensure that archives are sent to coordination and HQ as per Solidarites International standard
- Oversee the preparation of audit at mission level for validation of the Finance Coordinator:
- Ensure that all transactions documents are prepared and in line with Solidarites International standard
- Prepare any additional requirement from the finance department in links with audit.
- Monitor enforcement of cash supply system and cash security at mission level and propose improvement to be validated by the Finance Coordinator
- Validate the cash flow request of the mission, report and follow transfers with HQ:
- Final cross check of monthly cash flow forecast for the mission
- Liaison with the HQ and focal point for internal transfer tracking
- Overview and provide technical assistance to the team on cash supply to the base
- Overview and provide technical assistance to the team on bank relationship.
Administrative Follow Up:
- Ensure completion of paper and digital filing, supervise the back up of finance files
- Respect of the administrative calendar
- Supervise the yearly mailing of finance files to HQ.
Legal Follow Up:
- Follow the evolution of finance related national laws and policies
- Supervise reconciliation between HR information and tax payment.
- Supervision and training of the base administrators
- Do regular field visits on the different bases
- Ensure minimum staffing levels for the administrative service during periods of absence
- Support the Finance Coordinator in the definition of the needs and in the recruitment of the coordination finance team
- Train, support and evaluate the Finance team in Coordination
- Provide technical support to the finance teams at base level, conduct regular field visits and support the Finance Coordinator in the preparation of general finance meeting.
- Report on a weekly basis to the Finance coordinator, compile internal reporting at mission level for the finance department and participate in the monthly meeting and reporting of the mission
- Establish and maintain relationships with the administrative stakeholders at national level (NGO & INGO, administrative local authorities)
- On request, participate in meetings (donor, authorities, NGO forum) and workshops relating to his/her field of activity and write up minutes to the Finance coordinator.
- At least of 3 years’ professional experience in similar position in finance and accounting role with an INGO
- Education: B.Sc. in Accounting, Business Administration, or Finance related courses
- Strong experience in budget management.
- Knowledge of finance related laws, policies and donor procedures.
- Knowledge of Saga is strongly appreciated
- Microsoft software practice, sound excel skills.
- Dynamic, organised, methodical, team player, sound communication skills
- Fluent in spoken and written English, Hausa is a plus
- Reliable, honest, resistance to stress, capacity to delegate and manage, initiative and autonomy, capacity to prioritize tasks, ability to work under tight deadlines, etc.
What We Offer
Salary + Transport, Leave & housing allowance + social benefits (medical coverage, 24 days of Annual leaves per year, compassionate leaves, public holidays as announced by government, festive bonus, Life insurance – covering death and permanent disability), etc.
Application Closing Date
4:00 PM: 25th May, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Select Deputy Finance Coordinator, fill the form and attach your CV and motivation letter.
- The CV attached must be named with your first name and surname.
- Solidarités International reserves the right to select a candidate and finalize the recruitment before the application closing date.