SPIE Oil and Gas Services Job Recruitment 2022/2023- SPIE Oil and Gas Services is recruiting candidates suitable for the position of a Base Manager. Interested candidates should apply below.
SPIE Oil & Gas Services (part of the SPIE Group) provides a complete range of services to some of the world’s largest oil and gas companies through its network of offices in 25 countries across Africa, the Middle-East and Asia-Pacific.
Our turnover has more than doubled in the last few years thanks to the dedication of our 4,000 employees to whom we give training, recognition, and genuine opportunities for career development. In order to support this growth, SPIE Oil & Gas Services is always seeking talented individuals to join its teams.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Base Manager
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Contract Type: International Contract
Contractual Hours: Full time
- The base manager ensures the smooth running of the site and base camp, monitors the compliance of the supply and logistics team’s activities with specific industry standards and ensures that the client’s requirements and the group’s internal procedures are met.
In particular, the base manager:
- Ensures that the general maintenance of the site is carried out on time and directly manages the team in charge when necessary.
- Participates to the people review and discusses the options when it comes to the succession plan and the potential career path of his team.
- Implements and maintains all the necessary quality, safety, compliance and security procedures in relation with the corporate and country policies.
- Ensures that the power supply to the base is secure and runs smoothly.
- Supervises the base’s purchasing and supply activities, including technical consumables (welding, spare parts, etc.).
- Manages the logistical aspects of the base’s activities with his/her team (transport, vehicles, security, etc.).
- Establishes and monitors its annual budget, for which he is responsible and accountable.
- Recruits and trains team members when necessary.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Candidate should possess at least 10 years of experience in the same position.
- Technical background in mechanical and/or electricity.
- Mandatory knowledge of the Nigerian context (culture of the country, communities, security issues, etc.).
- Excellent level of written and spoken English.
- French speaker a plus.
- Conversant with IT tools.
We Offer You
Choosing SPIE means giving yourself the possibility:
- To evolve in a Group with an international dimension established on all continents,
- To experience a wide variety of professions within several activities:
- Outdoor networks and public lighting
- Information and communication systems
- Oil and gas
- Climatic engineering
- Electrical engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- To work in energy and the environment, sectors of the future at the heart of sustainable development issues.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:Click here to apply