Stanbic IBTC Bank Job Recruitment for SIPML – This is to announce the current job recruitment to all who are qualified for the below position. Interested persons may apply below
Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa’s financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Control Officer – SIPML
Job ID: 64822
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos
Job Sector: Financial Services
Work Arrangement: Fully Office Based
- This is an internal function which will drive the framework, oversight and monitoring of the controls environment in SIPML.
- Work as an internal consultant to IT Department, to manage the Company’s assets through effective IT risk management and control systems with an ultimate aim to mitigate risk in transactions and the IT underlying processes
- Mitigate operational risk through a number of controls and monitoring processes.
- Manage relationship with stakeholders such as Internal Audit, Compliance, Operational Risk, IT, Business Management, amongst other Business Units within the Company.
- Develop relationships in order to maintain / establish efficient and robust operating models across all IT Department.
- Expected to build a strong IT control environment to ensure zero level of policy, procedures and regulatory infractions and zero tolerance for control gaps, reviewed / unauthorized transactions and income leakages
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities
Manage Risk and Control Management over IT Operations’ Effectiveness:
- To support the Business and strengthen the IT control environment by introducing new initiatives toward achieving an effective IT control system within the Company.
- Perform analysis on IT procedures/processes by reviewing the departmental working manual to identify process gaps and provide value adding recommendations.
- Carry out periodic reviews of users & super user/administrator activity logs on the core applications and Active Directory (AD)
- Perform review of the change management logs, test reports and attending change management meetings
- Manage Logical Access on the company’s applications. This includes creation of users’ account, role modification, disabling of users’ account and password reset.
- Perform servers, database and operating system reviews.
- Perform periodic restoration and verification of application backup tapes to ascertain the authenticity & integrity of the selected tape and data.
- Perform periodic review and monitoring of endpoint security (antivirus, data leakage prevention, etc.)
- Conduct periodic review of the Data Centre biometrics access logs to ascertain that only authorized users gained access to the Data Centre and periodic inspection of the Data Centre to ensure that the facility and equipment are properly used and maintained in line with the laid down policies and procedures.
- Review of company website to monitor availability of links and also ensure timely updates of information.
- Perform review of IT incidents to ascertain the root cause of incidents.
- Perform random spot checks on system users and IT processes to ensure adequate compliance to IT policies & procedures.
- Creation of awareness to all company staff on IT policies, procedures and standards.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory directives.
- Provide guidance on the required control mechanisms related to existing or new IT processes.
- Influencing process change within SIPML to maintain risk levels whilst seeking process efficiencies.
- Work in partnership with stakeholders to ensure potential risks and controls are adequately identified and measured appropriately.
- Review of past Internal & External audit / Control recommendations / regulatory reports / fraud trends to identify exceptions raised and key lessons learnt in order to track remedial action/ compliance within agreed timelines and ensure adequate controls to prevent repeat findings
- Prompt Rendition of control activity report weekly / monthly.
- Support and work for the timely closure of findings raised by Internal and External Audit.
Monitor Continuous Knowledge Development regarding Sector’s Rules, Regulations, Best Practices, Tools,Techniques and Performance Standards:
- Process documentation , review & alignment
- Continuous review and improvement of work processes within the unit.
- Resolution of IT audit issues
- Prompt rendition of weekly reports with minimal error
- Improved IT control environment through continuous and high level engagement
- Satisfactory rating in the Audit reviews and Internal Service Survey (ISS).
- Ensure quality and improvement in Business Unit audit and risk assurance reports.
Report to Executive Management & Board Audit Committee:
- Conduct follow up audits to monitor management’s interventions
- Maintain open communication with management and audit committee
- Obtain, analyze and evaluate IT documentations, previous reports, data, flowcharts etc.
Manage all Investigations as directed by Senior Management:
- Ensure that the company’s core values are adhered.
- Provide guidance on acceptable business culture and reputation.
Delivers on all Business Strategies:
- Carries out proper engagements for fact finding
- Creates awareness on risks and conducts
- Recommends appropriate consequence management actions
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- First Degree Field of Study – Computer Science / Engineering
- Advanced / Professional Degree or Professional Qualification in IT Audit/Control is required
- Minimum of 2 years IT Governance experience
- Understand IT operations and improve overall experience.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online