Top 15 Best Movies Of Jackie Chan.
Top 15 Best Movies Of Jackie Chan
Among the best actors and actresses in the filming world, there are only a few loved by all without hate, actors like Samuel L. Jackson, Tom Hanks, The Rock and few more, but no one in the filming community has ever gained the huge fan base and love ever shown to the legend Jackie Chan, here is the Top 15 Best Movies Of Jackie Chan.
Am very sure you would have heard of the action legend Jackie Chan, You would have seen him severally in movies, interviews, also in many big-screen platforms and yes, he is one of the best martial artist, stuntman, film director, actor, screenwriter, producer, action choreographer and singer who made an appearance as a child actor in 1962. His enormous filmography built him a huge fan base while his movie entertains people a lot.
In this article, Celeb Identity will be revealing Top 15 Best Movies Of Jackie Chan respectively so grab a drink or a cup of tea and let’s get it on.
Full list of Jackie Chan Movies.
1. Snake in the Eagle’s Shadow (1978): Initially released on the 1st of March 1978, a movie which was all about “Chien Fu” a worker who works as a janitor in a kung-fu school where he normally gets bullied by students and teachers in the school until he was rescued by an old man who teaches him kung-fu. The movie was directed by Yuen Woo-ping. In the movie, Jackie Chan was starred as Chin Fu alongside other actors including Yuen Siu-Tien, Hwang Jang-lee, Fung Hark-On, Dean Shek, Roy Horan, and many more.
2. Drunken Master (1978): Drunken Master is a movie that was all about Wong, he prevented a brutal assassin from destroying his goals by learning martial arts through his alcoholic master in a unique way. The movie was initially released in Hong Kong on the 5th of October 1978. Jackie Chan was featured as Wong Fei Hung in the movie.
3. The Fearless Hyena (1979): Directed by Jackie Chan himself, he was starred as Shing Lung who trains kung-fu from his grandfather, nevertheless, his kung-fu skills which he was told to keep secret was revealed accidentally in a fight and attract a former enemy. The Fearless Hyena was initially released on the 17th of February 1979, And also, the movie starred actors including James Tien, Dean Shek, Shi-Kwan Yen, Wai Lau Chen, Kun Li and more.
4. The Big Brawl (1980): The Big Brawl which is also known as Battle Creek Brawl is a movie about Jerry whose martial art skills impressed a gang, he was forced to fight in a tournament for his brother’s fiancee after she was kidnapped by the gang. However, his normal life turned to a fighter who has to win all his battle in order to set his brother’s fiancee free.
The movie was directed by Robert Clouse and was initially released on the 18th of August 1980. Jackie Chan was starred as Jerry Kwan in the movie including other actors and actresses.
5. The Young Master (1980): Jackie Chan who was starred as Dragon in the movie embarked on a quest to find his brother ‘Tiger’ after his betrayal against his school during the lion dance competition, whereas Dragon participated in the competition in place of Tiger but failed. The Young Master was directed by Jackie Chan himself and was officially released on the 9th of February 1980.
6. Dragon Lord (1982): Initially released on the 21st of January 1982 in Hong Kong, Dragon Lord was all about a martial arts student who never gave up over his adventure in pursuing a girl, but after sending a love letter using a kite, it flies and didn’t reach it desired destination, nevertheless, Dragon gets himself into the gang of thieves headquarters while attempting to get his love letter back. The movie was directed by Jackie Chan who was starred as Dragon with other actors including Michael Chan, Fung Hark-On, Kang-Yeh Cheng, Paul Chang Chung, and many more.
7. Project A (1983): Jackie Chan who was the director of Project A was starred in the movie as Dragon Mi Yong with actors including Sammo Hung, Yuen Biao, Dick Wei, Kwan Hoi-san, Hoi Sang Lee, and more.
During a fight to protect his country’s honor, the Hong Kong navy is losing the battle which was up to Dragon Mi Yong (Jackie Chan) to intervene and battle with the pirates and smugglers.
The movie was initially released on the 22nd of December 1983, and happens to be among the Top 15 Best Movies Of Jackie Chan.
Related Post: Jason Momoa Full Biography.
8. Wheels on Meals (1984): Wheels Of Meals is a martial art action-comedy movie that was released in Hong Kong on the 17th of August 1984. The movie was all about Two owners of a mobile restaurant “Thomas and David” who became good Samaritan by saving a female thief with the help of a special detective. Through the process, the restaurant owners and the detective got trapped in an evil gang’s pit which they had to fight their way out.
The movie starred Jackie Chan as Thomas, Lola Forner as Sylvia, Yuen Biao as David, Sammo Hung who was the director of the movie as Moby and more actors.
9. Heart of Dragon (1985): A movie directed by Sammo Hung narrates a story about a police officer (Tat Fung) who abandoned his dream in order to cater for his brother ‘Dodo’. Nevertheless, things took a turn around after his brother was kidnapped by a set of gangsters that seeks Tat Fung’s help. Heart Of Dragon was initially released on the 16th of October 1985 in Hong Kong.
10. My Lucky Stars (1985): My Lucky Star is an action-comedy movie written and directed by Sammo Hung, it was initially released on the 10th of February 1985. The movie starred famous actors and actresses including Sammo Hung, Jackie Chan, Yuen Biao, Richard Ng, Eric Tsang, Stanley Fung, Sibelle Hu, Michiko Nishiwaki, Teresa Ha, and more.
11. Police Story (1985): The movie was about a Hong Kong policeman who was framed for assassinating his coworker during his line of duty, he landed into this circumstances all because he single-handedly arrested a notorious drug lord which he had to clear his name from the calumny before time runs out. Jackie Chan was starred as Senior Inspector Chan Kwok Wing in the movie “Police Story” and it was initially released on the 14th of December 1985.
12. Armour of God (1986): Armour Of God is an action-comedy movie which was about a professional treasure hunter, he embarked on a quest of saving the latter’s lover that was kidnapped by a gang. However, Jackie Chan who plays the role of Jackie faced many challenges while he was on his quest.
The movie was directed by Eric Tsang as well as Jackie Chan and it was initially released on the 21st of January 1987 in Hong Kong.
13. Project A Part II (1987): This was one of the action movies directed by Jackie Chan himself, the movie was released as Super Fighter in the Philippines and Jackie Chan was starred as the lead role with other famous actors including Maggie Cheung, Rosamund Kwan, and Bill Tung. Jackie played the role of Sergeant Dragon Ma as it was in part 1 of Project A, meanwhile, some other actors including Sammo Hung and Yuen Biao who appeared in the original film were absent in Project A part 2.
14. Dragons Forever (1988): After the initial release of Project A Part 2 in 1987, Dragon Forever was released a few months later. It is an action-comedy film that narrates the story of Jackie Lung, a high-profile lawyer who had to make a tough decision after his employer’s secrets (A chemical company) was revealed to him.
Dragon Forever was initially released on the 11th of February 1988.
15. Police Story 2 (1988): Police Story 2 is a movie about Senior Inspector Chan Kwok Wing who redeems himself by intervening in the trouble caused by a terminally ill criminal, Although, he was formerly demoted to a highway patrol for overseeing a case until he redeems himself. The movie starred Jackie Chan as Senior Inspector Chan Kwok Wing as well as Bill Tung, Maggie Cheung, Chor Yuen, and more. The movie is among the Top 15 Best Movies Of Jackie Chan.
16. Miracles (1989): Miracle speaks of Kuo Cheng-Wah, a country boy who lost all his money to a gang who cheated him after his arrival in Hong Kong, luckily for him, he later became the head of a gang after purchasing a lucky red rose from an old woman. The movie was directed by Jackie Chan and it was initially released on the 15th of June 1989 in Hong Kong.
17. Armour of God II: Operation Condor (1991): Initially released on the 7th of February 1991 in Hong Kong. After the talented treasure hunter “Jackie” embarked on a quest of saving the latter’s lover that was kidnapped by a gang in Armour Of God part 1, he was then hired to go on an adventure of recovering 240 tonnes of gold which was hidden by a German commander in the Sahara Desert during the World War II. The movie was directed by Jackie Chan himself.
18. Supercop (1992): Supercop was directed by Stanley Tong and was initially released on the 4th of July 1992, the movie starred Jackie Chan as
Senior Inspector Chan Kwok Wing, Michelle Yeoh as Inspector Jessica Yang (Director of INTERPOL), Bill Tung as Bill Wong, Maggie Cheung as May, Kenneth Tsang as Khun Chaibat, Yuen Wah and more. Jackie Chan was one of the lead roles in the movie.
19. Twin Dragons (1992): An action-comedy film about twin brothers who were separated while a gangster tries to escape from a hospital, kidnapping one of the newborn babies as a threat to escape. However, the twin brothers later meet as grown-ups and get entangled with each other. The movie was directed by Ringo Lam, Tsui Hark and it was initially released on the 15th of January 1992.
20. Crime Story (1993): Crime story is an action movie where Jackie Chan plays the role of a special agent who was hired to save and protect a real estate developer placed under his care. The movie was initially released in South Korea on the 31st of July 1993 and was directed by Jackie Chan and Kirk Wong.
Also Read: Thomas Brodie Sangster Full Biography.
21. Drunken Master II (1994): Jackie Chan’s drunken master 2 was initially released on the 5th of February 1994 in South Korea, Directed by Jackie Chan himself and Lau Kar-Leung. The actors and actresses starred in the action-comedy movie are as follows, Jackie Chan, Anita Mui, Ti Lung, Felix Wong, Lau Kar-Leung, Ken Lo, Ho Wing-Fong, Chin Ka-lok, Lau Ka-Yung, Ram Cheung and more.
22. Thunderbolt (1995): Jackie Chan plays the lead role as Chan Foh To in the Action/Martial Arts movie “ThunderBolt”, The movie was about a mechanic and a car racer who assisted the police in arresting a tough criminal, nevertheless, Chan faced a lot of challenges after the criminal escaped from the prison and kidnapped his sister in order to avenge Chan. The movie was released on the 8th of September 1995 in South Korea.
23. Rumble in the Bronx (1995): Directed by Stanley Tong, Rumble in the Bronx was initially released on the 21st of January 1995 in Hong Kong, the movie starred Jackie Chan as Keung, one of the lead role in the movie. Keung traveled to New York for other purposes but unfortunately ended up upsetting a local gang.
24. First Strike (1996): Jackie Chan’s First Strike is action/comedy movie which was initially released on the 10th of January 1997 in the USA, Jackie Chan was starred as Senior Inspector Chan Kwok Wing as well as other actors and actresses including Annie Wu, Stanley Tong, Bill Tung, Jackson Lou, and more were starred in the movie. First Strike was nominated for Hong Kong Film Award for Best Film in 1997 and also MTV Movie Award for Best Fight.
25. Rush Hour (1998): Rush Hour is an action/Chris film which was released on the 18th of September 1998 in the USA, the movie was directed by Brett Ratner and cast Chris Tucker as Detective James Carter and Jackie Chan as Chief Inspector Lee, Lee. as the lead roles in the movie.
26. Who Am I? (1998): Directed by Jackie Chan and Benny Chan, Who Am I was released on the 17th of January 1998 in Hong Kong, Jackie Chan was starred as
Jackie in the movie.
27. Gorgeous (1999): Gorgeous was released on the 12th of February 1999, starring Jackie Chan as C.N. Chan which is one of the lead roles in the movie.
28. Shanghai Noon (2000): In the year 2000, an Action/Western movie named Shanghai Noon was released. It was debuted in Malaysia, featuring Jackie Chan as Chon Wang in the movie.
29. Rush Hour 2 (2001): Rush Hour 2 was released on the 3rd of August 2001 in the USA, and Jackie Chan was starred as Chief Inspector Lee as he was cast in the first part of the movie.
30. The Accidental Spy (2001): The Accidental Spy is an action/comedy movie that was released on the 1st of December 2017 in Nigeria. The movie was directed by Teddy Chan, starring Jackie Chan as Buck Yuen.
31. The Tuxedo (2002): Jackie Chan was starred as Jimmy Tong in The Tuxedo action/comedy movie, The Tuxedo was directed by Kevin Donovan and it was released on the 27th of September 2002 in the USA.
32. Shanghai Knights (2003): On February 3, 2003, the action/comedy movie “Shanghai Knights” was released in the USA. The movie was directed by David Dobkin, while Jackie Chan was featured as Chon Wang.
33. The Medallion (2003): The Medallion is an action/fantasy movie that was initially released on the 15th of August 2003 in Hong Kong. The movie starred Jackie Chan as Eddie Yang including other famous actors and actresses.
34. New Police Story (2004): New Police Story which was released on the 23rd of September 2004 was about a cop who became a victim of a gang in which his whole team was killed, He was regretful of what happened for a long period before he was helped by a man who geared him up to avenge for his team. The movie was directed by Benny Chan and starred Jackie Chan as Senior Inspector Chan Kwok Wing.
35. Around the World in 80 Days (2004): Initially released on the 13th of June 2004 in Los Angeles, Around the World in 80 Days is a Comedy/Adventure movie which was directed by Frank Coraci, featuring Jackie Chan as
36. The Myth (2005): Directed by Stanley Tong, The Myth is an Action/Adventure movie which was released on the 11th of May 2005, Jackie Chan was starred as Dr. Jack Chan with other actors and actresses including Kim Hee-sun, Mallika Sherawat, Tony Leung Ka-Fai, Choi Min-soo, and more
37. Rob-B-Hood (2006): Rob-B-Hood is an action/comedy film about kidnapping a baby for a landlord. The movie cast Jackie Chan as Fong Ka Ho and it was directed by Benny Chan.
38. Rush Hour 3 (2007): Rush Hour 3 is an Action/Comedy film written and directed by Brett Ratner. The movie was Initially released on the 10th of August 2007 in the USA. Like the first and second part of the movie, Jackie Chan was starred as
Chief Inspector Lee while his colleague Chris Tucker was starred as same
Detective James Carter.
39. The Forbidden Kingdom (2008): The Forbidden Kingdom is an Action/Adventure film initially released on the 17th of April 2008 in Malaysia. The movie was directed by Rob Minkoff while Jackie Chan was starred as Lu Yan (Old Hop).
40. The Spy Next Door (2010): In 2010, following the release of The Forbidden Kingdom, The Spy Next Door was initially released on the 15th of January 2010 in Indonesia. Brian Levant directed the movie and Jackie Chan was starred as Bob Ho in the movie.
41. The Karate Kid (2010): The Karate Kid is about a 12-year-old boy named Dre, he was being bullied by a rebellious school mate who was a kung fu prodigy in the school. However, Jackie Chan who took up the role of Mr. Han “a kung fu master” trained him to defend himself. The movie was released on the 10th of September 2010.
42. Little Big Soldier (2010): Initially released on the 11th of February 2010 in Malaysia, Little Big Brother is an Action/Comedy movie where Jackie Chan was starred as The Soldier. The movie was directed by Ding Sheng and other popular actors and actresses were starred in the movie.
43. 1911 (2011): 1991 which is also known as the Xinhai Revolution is a War/Action movie that was initially released on the 23rd of September 2011 in China. Jackie Chan was starred as Huang Xing in the movie including other famous actors and actresses.
44. CZ12 (2012): A movie directed by Jackie Chan titled CZ12 is an Action/Comedy movie that was dropped on the 20th of December 2012 in China. Chan starred as Jackie in the movie.
45. Police Story (2013): In the year 2013, The last part of the police story was released in China on the 24th of December 2013, the movie was directed by Ding Sheng and cast Jackie Chan as Detective Zhong Wen.
46. Skiptrace (2016): Skiptrace is an Action/Comedy film that talks about a detective who teamed up with an American gambler In order to track and rescue his partner’s daughter. The movie was directed by Renny Harlin and cast Jackie Chan as Benny Black.
47. Railroad Tigers (2016): Railroad Tigers is an Action/Comedy movie which was Initially released on the 23rd of December 2016 in China. The movie cast Jackie Chan as Ma Yuan and other actors including Darren Wang, Wang Kai, Hiroyuki Ikeuchi, and more.
48. The Foreigner (2017): The Foreigner was directed by Martin Campbell and was released on the 19th of January 2018 in Nigeria, nevertheless, Jackie Chan was starred as Quan Ngoc Minh in the movie. The Foreigner became part of the Top 15 Best Movies Of Jackie Chan
49. Kung Fu Yoga (2017): Kung Fu Yoga is a movie about an archaeology professor who teamed up with an Indian professor to discover a hidden treasure, however, they were both attacked before the archaeology professor escaped with his kung fu skills and locate the hidden treasure. The movie was initially released on the 26th of January 2017 in Taiwan.
50. Bleeding Steel (2017): Bleeding Steel is a Chinese/Australian science fiction movie that was released on the 22nd of December 2017 in Singapore. The movie was directed by Leo Zhang and cast Jackie Chan as Lin Dong, a lead role in the movie.
Top 15 Best Movies Of Jackie Chan.
15. Snake In The Eagles’s Shadow:
14. Drunken Master:
13. Project A:
12. Armour Of God:
11. Wheels Of Meals:
10. Rumble In The Bronx:
9. Rush Hour Series(1998, 2001, 2007):
8. Who Am I:
7. Bleeding Steel (2017):
6. Supercop (1992):
5. The Myth (2005):
4. Shanghai Noon (2000):
3. Shanghai Knights (2003):
2. The Foreigner (2017):
1. P0lice Story:
Jackie Chan is a professional actor, stuntman, film director, and martial artist who was born Chan Kong-sang in Victoria Peak, British Hong Kong. He was born on the 7th of April 1954 to Charles Chan and Lee-Lee Chan. Chan attended Nah-Hwa Primary School in Hong Kong Island but unfortunately failed his first year, he was thereafter taken to China Drama Academy where he was trained martial arts and eventually joined the school’s best students performance group “Seven Little Fortunes”.
Jackie Chan started acting after befriending 2 of his fellow group members Yuen Biao and Sammo Hung, they are popularly known as the 3 dragons, and from there, Jackie Chan gradually built his fame and becomes the world number one action hero.
Hope you enjoyed the article “Top 15 Best Movies Of Jackie Chan”, let us know what you think by dropping a comment below and don’t forget to share with friends and family.
Also Read: Top 10 Rising Stars To Be Seen In 2020