Translators Without Borders (TWB) Recruitment for Senior Finance Officer – TWB is recruiting for the position of Senior Finance Officer. Interested persons who are Qualified and eligible may apply below
Translators Without Borders (TWB) envisions a world where knowledge knows no language barriers. The US-based non-profit provides people access to vital knowledge in their language by connecting non-profit organizations with a community of language professionals, building local language translation capacity, and raising awareness of language barriers. Originally founded in 1993 in France (as Traducteurs sans Frontières), TWB translates millions of words of life-saving and life-changing information every year.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Senior Finance Officer, Nigeria
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Contract Initially 6 months, with the possibility of extension/National post
Department: International Programs
Travel: Some travel in northeast Nigeria
Reporting to: Operations Manager
- The Finance Officer is responsible for providing financial support to the Nigeria program and to the wider TWB crisis team to ensure the effective financial management of all funds.
- Assist in the creation, implementation and monitoring of budgets including the provision of rolling forecasts for the Nigeria and global crisis response programs
- At local level oversee all Financial Accounting matters, including maintenance of the general ledger, balance sheet, receipts, payments and payroll requirements
- Manage the short-term cash flow requirements of the program, liaising with the Head of Finance & Admin to facilitate cash transfers, top up requests etc.
- Ensure a high level of financial control is in place across all activities (in all Nigeria and crisis response programs locations), including the development and maintenance of financial policies and procedures (tailored to the local context) to ensure compliance with Statutory, Donor and TWB requirements
- Ensure transparent accounting and systems are developed and implemented in accordance with contract and organizational requirements
- Facilitate and provide support to all donor and internal audits in coordination with the Country Directors, crisis response leadership team & Head of Finance
- Develop and implement new/improved financial procedures and processes as agreed with the Head of Finance & Admin
- Monitor and report on the effects of exchange rate fluctuations between local and contract currencies
- Oversee the financial management of partner contracts, ensuring the partner complies with the obligations of the ‘Head Contract’
- Support the global finance manager in the production of the monthly finance information (including but not limited to Budget versus Actual spending reports and forecasts, Reconciliation reports including Balance Sheet, Petty Cash, together with appropriate financial/contract variance and risk reporting for the Nigeria and global crisis response programs
- Ensure that the program delivers and accounts for all activities in accordance with National, Regional and Local taxation requirements
- Assist the Country Director in ensuring that the Country is compliant with all statutory legislation, particularly with regard to company registration
- Any other duties in support of a smooth and efficient program office.
- Please note that these roles and responsibilities are approximate and may change over time.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- At least 4 years professional work experience in finance, ideally in an NGO or other international agency
- Experience of financial reporting to a range of external donors / multi-donor grants
- Experience of reporting and monitoring to tight deadlines
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
- Effective financial management skills
- Knowledge of finance systems and procedures
- Good literacy, numeracy and IT skills including Excel. QuickBooks experience a plus
- Good working English. Kanuri or Hausa language a plus
- Knowledge and understanding of a range of institutional donor requirements
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, be proactive and offer a solution-oriented approach
- Determined and committed to high quality standards with attention to detail
- Self-motivated, flexible and enthusiastic approach to work
- Disciplined and with strong sense of accountability
- Interest in and commitment to TWB’s humanitarian mandate
- Ability to establish effective working relationships at all levels internally and externally
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and work calmly under pressure
N700,000 – N790,000 Monthly.
We Offer in Addition to Salary:
- An innovative work environment with a diverse and passionate team
- 20 days of annual leave and 10 days of floating holidays
- The flexibility of home-based/remote work
- Accommodation and per diems when on deployment
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 12th September, 2022.
- Translators without Borders is an equal-opportunity employer, committed to having a diverse team where individuals of all backgrounds collaborate and learn from one another.
- We believe we can be most effective with diverse experience and expertise in our team. We recruit on merit, actively seek diverse applicant pools and encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
- We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, age, gender identity and expression, national origin, race and ethnicity, religious beliefs, marital or parental status, or sexual orientation, and welcome all types of diversity
How to be updated regularly
Kindly subscribe to the site using your Email address for more updates for FREE
- Subscribe to the site www.celebidentity.com using your Email address. Subscription is totally FREE
- LIKE our Facebook page for direct updates
- FOLLOW our Twitter News Handle for updates
- In case of any issue or challenge or questions, Click Here
Celebidentity.com is a job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants.
Celebidentity.com is not an agent of this organization, we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
Celebidentity admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of any kind or request for any OTP code.
Our services are absolutely free of charge.
Beware of fraudsters.