United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) Job Recruitment 2022- The United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is recruiting candidates suitable for the position of an Administrative Assistant. Interested candidates should apply below.
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Job No.: 550285
Location: Sokoto, Nigeria
Contract Type: Fixed Term Appointment
How Can You Make a Difference?
- Under the supervision and guidance of the supervisor, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for executing a broad variety of routine tasks and some specialized for the respective section, requiring a thorough knowledge of UNICEF administrative procedures, processes, and policies.
- Maintain departmental compliance with UNICEF policies and procedures.
- Ensure departmental adherence to applicable laws and regulations.
- Reconciliation of mileage and fueling of official vehicles
- Maintenance of all relevant records.
- Direct supervision of Drivers.
- Schedule, route, maintain and track transport vehicles.
- Guide managers in the process of PCA/SSAs in line with the policies and guidance issued by FRG, supply division, and DHR.
- Facilitate the processing of contracts for consultants and external partners that provide a service to the section. This includes preparing and filing documents, completing necessary forms and templates, uploading TORs in VISION, and making necessary logistical arrangements.
- Maintains up-to-date vendor lists, partners, and consultant rosters.
Calendar / Meetings / Correspondence Management:
- Maintains office calendar and arranges meetings
- Takes minutes of meetings, ensuring accuracy, attention to detail and coherence.
Events / Logistics:
- Supports capacity development activities and conferences by making logistical arrangements, through engaging with facilitators, caterers, and hosts.
- Arranges times through liaising with participants over availability.
- Liaises with budget focal points and section over costs and needs.
- Prepares background materials for participants and uploads cleared materials on the intranet.
- Prepares and maintains agendas on meetings and events related to the workgroup commitments.
- Provides travel assistance to staff members in the section for travel arrangements and entitlements based on the organization’s rules and policies. Liaises with relevant travel focal points to ensure that the organization obtains the best service and price for all travel.
- Assists in the preparation of budgets on travel costs and maintain travel plan and budgetary control records.
- Monitors travel certification and report back to the team.
- Responsible for collecting invoices and filing documents for approval and thereafter processing in VISION.
- Uploads electronic files and verifies results to destination system.
- Responds to client transaction status and other inquiries.
Supplies / Equipment:
- Supports management of administrative supplies, office equipment, and updating the inventory of items.
- Maintains and updates a system that monitors the absence of staff.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Completion of secondary education is required, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the field of work.
- Ability to work effectively with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to work in a team environment to achieve common goals and to provide guidance to more junior support staff
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another UN language or local language of the duty station is considered as an asset.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant administrative or clerical work experience is required.
- Training and experience using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other UNICEF software such as SharePoint; Vision as well as knowledge of integrated management information systems required.
- Thorough knowledge of UNICEF administrative policies and procedures.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and prioritizing skills and abilities.
- Ability to deal patiently and tactfully with visitors.
- High sense of confidentiality, initiative, and good judgment.
- Care; Respect; Integrity; Trust; Accountability.
- Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness
- Works Collaboratively with others
- Builds and Maintains Partnerships
- Innovates and Embraces Change
- Thinks and Acts Strategically
- Drive to achieve impactful results and Manages ambiguity and complexity
- Learning and Researching
- Planning and Organizing
- Following Instructions and Procedures
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply
Important Information and Notice
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
- Qualified Female Candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
Application Deadline 4th May, 2022 (West Central Africa Standard Time).