Wartsila Marine and Power Services Nigeria Limited Job Recruitment for Operations Shift Supervisor – We wish to inform the public about the ongoing job recruitment for qualified persons. Kindly apply below.
Wartsila is a global leader in smart technologies and complete lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. By emphasising sustainable innovation, total efficiency and data analytics, Wärtsilä maximises the environmental and economic performance of the vessels and power plants of its customers. In 2018, Wärtsilä’s net sales totalled EUR 5.2 billion with approximately 19,000 employees. The company has operations in over 200 locations in more than 80 countries around the world.
We are recruiting an experienced individual to to join our team in the position below:
Job Title: Operations Shift Supervisor
Location: Ewekoro Plant, Ogun
Function: Contract Delivery
Job Category: Engineering
Report to: The Operations Manager
- The Operations Shift Supervisor is required to plan, lead and manage the daily shift operational activities of the plant and assigned team in order to ensure customer satisfaction and to reach the set contractual quality, financial, cost and time targets.
- Operate the Power Plant during a shift according to company policies and procedures as well as prudent practices.
- Co-ordinate the work of subordinates and communicate with the grid control center and plant management about the loading of the plant.
- Ensure Competent resources and competence development of the operation and assigned team.
- Maintain all operation records according to guidelines.
- Assist the Operation Manager as detailed by superior.
- Develop the operation working routines at the plant
- Prepare accurate and timely reports of all plant operational parameters and data and share to the responsible.
- Required daily analysis of engine performance and areas of improvement to carry out routine and preventive maintenance of W50 DF engine as per the OEM recommendation.
- Ensure Operational Reliability and Availability of the plant according to the contract.
- Ensure that the performance targets of the plant are reached according to the contract in own responsibility area.
- Train on maintenance procedures and standards for the new workers.
- Ensure that the work is executed at plant according to Wartsila Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental guidelines and customer site procedures.
- Prioritize and assign tasks so that assigned team resources are used effectively and targets are met.
Qualifications and Requirements
- HND / B.Eng. / B.Tech in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or any related Engineering discipline
- Perform all activities needed to reach the objectives of the position and comply with the orders, instructions, values, and company policies applicable as employee and/or the position.
- Understanding of Wärtsilä business, quality, and workplace safety is a plus.
- Minimum of 4 years of working experience and operations experience of Wartsila engines.
- Strong Management & leadership skills
- We at Wärtsilä believe in empowerment, ownership and taking responsibility of our work. We support each other’s growth and co-creation is the true basis of our innovation. We have courage to see opportunities and take initiative.
- We are authentic and honest, and we strongly believe in a diverse and inclusive work community where everyone can be their true self.
- We don’t always get it right the first time, and if mistakes are made, we make sure to learn and grow from them.
- We want everyone to voice their opinions freely. That is why we have built an environment that empowers you and everyone around you, and where you can feel safe and cared for. Are you eager to be part of this ambition?
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Our recruiting tool recognizes the time zone where the job ad has been published and closes the application period according to same time zone.
- At Wärtsilä we value, respect and embrace all our differences, and are committed to diversity, inclusion and equal employment opportunities; everyone can be their true self and succeed based on their job-relevant merits and abilities.
- Are you still wondering if you should apply and would like to get something clarified? Any questions related to this position. Please reach out to our Regional Talent Acquisition Specialist – MESAA via: Careers@wartsila.com
30th April, 2022.