Wemy Industries Limited Job Recruitment for a Cost Accountant – This is to inform the public bout the ongoing job recruitment in Wemy Industries. Interested persons may apply below.
Wemy Industries is one of the foremost indigenous and oldest established manufacturers in Lagos, Nigeria. We specialize in producing baby diapers, feminine sanitary napkins/pads, panty liners, adult diapers, maternity pads, under pads and baby wipes under the umbrella brand names of ‘Dr. Browns’ and ‘Nightingale’
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cost Accountant
Location: Lagos (On-site)
Job type: Full-time
- Prepare, analyze and report weekly, monthly, quarterly, annually costs report analysis by product, by brand, by regions, by depots, by customer type, by departments, by units, by operation/function.
- Prepare, analyze and report weekly, monthly, quarterly, annually gross margin analysis by product, by brand, by regions, by depots, by customer type.
- Prepare, analyze and report weekly, monthly, quarterly KPIs, Inventory movement, inventory age/days.
- Prepare, analyze and report weekly, monthly, quarterly factory/machine outputs.
- Formulate and develop appropriate inventory level models.
- Formulating and implanting appropriate enterprise-wide cost control and cost reduction measures and policies.
- Formulating and implementing appropriate enterprise-wide cost classification, separation estimation and allocation policies and procedures.
- Advising on the cost implications and consequences of business decisions.
- Assist in month-end closing, prepare journal entries as necessary, analyze inventory evaluation, inventory roll forward.
- Analyze cost accounting data and assist with cycle count/physical inventories.
- Prepare detailed cost account analysis and reconcile sales, cost and inventory, liability accounts by customer type by regions.
- Review and analyze inventory and margin reports, conduct research and perform analytical studies in regard to cost analysis and profitability.
- Assist in providing management reporting for decision-making, including project appraisal, evaluation and post-implementation analysis.
- Managing enterprise-wide capital expenditure.
- Carrying out continuous reviews of enterprise-wide working practices and processes to ensure efficient and cost-effective operations.
- Ensuring compliance and implementation of adequate and appropriate internal controls.
- Preparing collateral reporting/valuation.
- Work in special projects as required.
- Support and assist internal department reporting requirements such as audit schedules, tax schedules and others.
- Ensure timely submission, accuracy and validity of inventory, gross margin schedules to Management.
- Produce monthly budgets, management accounts variance analysis and commentaries and ensuring spending is kept in line with budget.
- Assist in the production of the annual budget and periodic forecasting.
- Any other duties that may be prescribed from time to time.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or any other related discipline.
- Good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations, and legislation relating to the manufacturing industry.
- Good knowledge and understanding of finance best practices, IFRS, and other applicable accounting standards.
- Relevant professional qualifications such as ICAN, ACA, ACCA will be an added advantage
- Minimum of Five (5) years relevant work experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply